Stoploss Again!!

• 29% (12)
  • 29% (12)
  • 43% (18)
Total voters: 33

How do you measure risk and thus adjust your position size if you do not have some form of stop loss ?

RaptorUK:
How do you measure risk and thus adjust your position size if you do not have some form of stop loss ?
Well I guess this is down to personal style/ preference... By measuring risk I mean determining how much you stand to lose if a reverse trend builds up and you have a certain position size...

I would have preferred if each of those questions had a true or false that way we can get a more representative poll.

ssn:
Well I guess this is down to personal style/ preference... By measuring risk I mean determining how much you stand to lose if a reverse trend builds up and you have a certain position size...
No,  it's down to mathematics.  How do you know how much you can lose without knowing where you will exit ?  if you know where you will exit you have a stop loss . . .  or am I wrong ?

Everyone have a Stop_Loss*, It's called the Account_Equity*. The Position_Size* is more important because Over-Betting* your Edge* will lead to Ruin* for any System*.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

I never used Stop Loss and its worked out pretty well so far! Stop Loss is not the only way to protect the capital, indeed, in my opinion stop loss protects nothing but it only gives pips to the broker! :)

Shivam332:
 I never used Stop Loss and its worked out pretty well so far! Stop Loss is not the only way to protect the capital, indeed, in my opinion stop loss protects nothing but it only gives pips to the broker! :)
Then no need to open yet another thread about stoploss. Your topic will be removed.

My choice is B

Shivam332:

I second that. Market needs to breath so having a tight SL does not work out.

Very interesting poll 

I agree Ubzen