possible to set ini file to not connect to server?

I have a separate install of MT4 for backtesting which I never connect to a broker's server. When I start it up, I have to press 'cancel' twice when it asks which server to connect. I've set up a batch file to optimize several pairs but when it launches the terminal, I still have to press cancel every time the terminal opens. Needless to say this defeats the purpose of the batch.

Is there a flag I can set in the terminal ini file which will bypass the server or a way to skip the two dialogs that I have to cancel out of?

Thanks

yogert909:
I have a separate install of MT4 for backtesting which I never connect to a broker's server. When I start it up, I have to press 'cancel' twice when it asks which server to connect. I've set up a batch file to optimize several pairs but when it launches the terminal, I still have to press cancel every time the terminal opens. Needless to say this defeats the purpose of the batch.

Is there a flag I can set in the terminal ini file which will bypass the server or a way to skip the two dialogs that I have to cancel out of?

Thanks

Have your ini file connect to an actual account but use a bogus proxy server (with bogus details):

; proxy settings
  ProxyEnable=true
  ProxyServer=1.1.1.1
  ProxyType=HTTP
  ProxyLogin=123
  ProxyPassword=xxx

BTW - the same can be used when normally using the Terminal. See here -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/120787.

Thanks Gordon, worked perfectly!

The tester get spread and market info values from the server at start of test. If you're not connected, is your test valid?

WHRoeder:
The tester get spread and market info values from the server at start of test. If you're not connected, is your test valid?

If you are not connected it uses the values u had when u were last connected. So it's valid in that sense.