Order Invalid S/L T/P

Hi everyone,

I am getting this error with MT4 when i want to set limit for examples below price sell limit or above price buy limit. I tried +100pips +10, 20pips above/below and it did not work. Why? Cheers.

niurik:

Hi everyone,

I am getting this error with MT4 when i want to set limit for examples below price sell limit or above price buy limit. I tried +100pips +10, 20pips above/below and it did not work. Why? Cheers.

Check the log, what is the exact error number? Did u normalize TP/SL?

gordon:

Check the log, what is the exact error number? Did u normalize TP/SL?

I dont know what number. I get this message in the order menu.

I looked at logs and there wasnt any errors.

Ok i just understood that i cant use limit orders only on that strategy. i need to use stop orders. I did not know that sell/buy stop's are simple orders.. shame on me.

niurik:

I dont know what number. I get this message in the order menu.

Oh, I didn't realize u r doing it manually (this is a programming forum after all...).

It could be that u r placing the wrong type of order or that u r placing an order that does not comply to limitations. You can check the Requirements and Limitations in Making Trades section in the book.

Another thing - since u r doing it manually, u can just call your broker and have someone go over it with u. I mean, it's not like u r asking them to go over your code :)