Help with analysis

Hi I just downloaded metatrader and I'm a total newbie at it.

However I was hoping someone might be able to help me with the following:

I am trying to analyze amongst my data (over 10k+ bars of 30 min data) how often a currency will shoot straight up 300 pips or more without retracing at least 50 pips.

To clarify, for example:

For example here's one that would pass (each bar is the cumulative move, so bar close minus bar open)
bar 1: +0.01
bar 2: +0.01
bar 3: -0.003
bar 4: +0.02

here it moved up 0.0397 with only a retracement of 0.003 so this would count as one count

one that would not pass is
bar1: 0.02
bar2: 0.009
bar3: -0.01
bar4: 0.01

while it moved > than 0.03, it had a retracement > than 0.005 as well. Hope this clears up what i mean thanks

i wouldn't mind paying a small fee as well to have this done if that's what it'll take. thanks again.

Hey,

you could use a script if you need this calculated only once or you could code it as an indicator if you prefer this to be calculated in real time. Also please note that this way of calculation does not take into accoun the intra-bar (tick) movements i.e. a price may have retraced with 50 pips inside an otherwise strong, one-directional M30 bar...

thank you

Automated (automatedfx@gmail.com)

--
http://www.forexmosaic.com/ - free publishing, analyzing and portfolio building service

Automated:

Hey,

you could use a script if you need this calculated only once or you could code it as an indicator if you prefer this to be calculated in real time. Also please note that this way of calculation does not take into accoun the intra-bar (tick) movements i.e. a price may have retraced with 50 pips inside an otherwise strong, one-directional M30 bar...

thank you

Automated (automatedfx@gmail.com)

--
http://www.forexmosaic.com/ - free publishing, analyzing and portfolio building service

Hi automated, thanks for your quick reply. I am hopeless at programming.

I was wondering do you know where I could learn how to program it as a a script? I only need to do it once as it's all historical data, doesn't need real time.

Any chance you might be able to help me? :P

ALso yes I realize it doesn't take into account intrabar movements which is fine with me, I will do another analysis on 1 min and 5 min bars later on as well.

Thanks!