Strategy test or screw up?

I just run this back test and the graph looked good so I checked the stats report. Can someone explain what it means.

There is a total of 6 trades with 4 short wins and 2 long wins and yet it thinks 50% of shorts won and 50% of longs won. To add to the confusion there were 3 loss trades where did they come from?

Ruptor:

I just run this back test and the graph looked good so I checked the stats report. Can someone explain what it means.

There is a total of 6 trades with 4 short wins and 2 long wins and yet it thinks 50% of shorts won and 50% of longs won. To add to the confusion there were 3 loss trades where did they come from?

You had a total of 6 trades. 4 of them are long, 2 of those won (50% of 4 longs) and 2 lost. The other 2 are shorts of which 1 won (50% of 2 shorts) and 1 lost. In total 2 longs lost and 1 short lost so 3 trades lost which are 50% of total 6 trades.

Where do u see that there are 4 short wins and 2 long wins?

I recommend you read the article What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean.

Do you know I have been using the strategy tester for several years now and I have never realised that the bracketed value for won trades was % of wins. I have only ever been interested in how many trades win or lose. I think it's because the values were both 50% and the number of shorts and longs wins was different that brought it to my attention. Thanks for pointing that out to me because I checked all the trades and they seemed to right but I still didn't want to trust the results. Not a bad profit factor then is it?

Ruptor:
Do you know I have been using the strategy tester for several years now and I have never realised that the bracketed value for won trades was % of wins. I have only ever been interested in how many trades win or lose. I think it's because the values were both 50% and the number of shorts and longs wins was different that brought it to my attention. Thanks for pointing that out to me because I checked all the trades and they seemed to right but I still didn't want to trust the results. Not a bad profit factor then is it?

If you are curious as to how the report is created there's an article that has the source code by Meta-quotes for the report creation -> How to Evaluate the Expert Testing Results. I used some of this code to create a custom report file for my own needs. Just note that Drawdown calculations are a bit outdated in that code (they are equity based in current MT4 version and not as in the article).

That's interesting thanks I'll check it out.