Can not read persistent files in tester mode from the very start.

Hello,

MT5 in tester mode clears the contents of the folder ...\MQL5\Files\ within the branch ...\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Tester\ just before starting a new test.

However, the branch ...\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal\ is always preserved.

How can I keep persistent files to be read by MT5 in tester mode from de very start?

Thank you. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties - Documentation on MQL5

danarag:

Hello,

MT5 in tester mode clears the contents of the folder ...\MQL5\Files\ within the branch ...\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Tester\ just before starting a new test.

However, the branch ...\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal\ is always preserved.

How can I keep persistent files to be read by MT5 in tester mode from de very start?

Thank you. 

Do not install MT5 in a system folder, install it in C:\MT5 for example. Read some topics about UAC issue.

angevoyageur:
Do not install MT5 in a system folder, install it in C:\MT5 for example. Read some topics about UAC issue.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have already installed MT5 in C:\ALPARi5 under Windows 7. I think it is not an UAC issue because in terminal mode (no testing), things go alright. Files inside ...\MQL5\Files\ before the start of the expert can be read by the EA in forward terminal mode.

Testing mode has a different behaviour. That is the problem. 

danarag:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have already installed MT5 in C:\ALPARi5 under Windows 7. I think it is not an UAC issue because in terminal mode (no testing), things go alright. Files inside ...\MQL5\Files\ before the start of the expert can be read by the EA in forward terminal mode.

Testing mode has a different behaviour. That is the problem. 

Ok, if you use main mode of execution then your EA in testing mode don't use directory like "\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Tester\".

Can you show some code or log to explain your issue ?

angevoyageur:

Ok, if you use main mode of execution then your EA in testing mode don't use directory like "\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Tester\".

Can you show some code or log to explain your issue ?

Thank you for your reply. I ignored the existence of main mode launched with the command line with the parameter /portable.

I have just started to experiment with it. If the issue persists, I will comment back.

Hello,

I'n actually running MT5 on Linux Ubuntu with Wine but Strategy Tester cannot locates external data file I use : Cannot Read File Error : 5004. I've copy the file in /home/vivaldi/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/vivaldi/Application Data/MetaQuotes/Terminal and all it's sub-directory but still it cannot read the file :-(

I also started the program in portable mode with vivaldi@vivaldi wine terminal.exe /portable but still the same.

Can somebody please help me ?

i use wine on ubuntu too but all works fine for me and i confused because my path is program files\mt5\mql5\files