Print statments or 'Alerts' for Debuging - page 3

cloudbreaker wrote >>
What's new about it? It's a new piece of software and it's the first tool I've used which works like a traditional debugger on MQL. I personally don't use the platform for live trading yet as I think it is not mature enough. But you can set up a ProTrader Demo account and try it that way. If you have problems, I suggest you post them on the relevant PT forum where Nicky will help you. CB

I've successfully login with Demo DBFX. But can't compile or convert my EA. Error compiling message but without any details. No error of course within MT4 editor.

Do you know some limitations ?

Thanks

Matutin:

I've successfully login with Demo DBFX. But can't compile or convert my EA. Error compiling message but without any details. No error of course within MT4 editor.

Do you know some limitations ?

Thanks

I don't remember the limitations (I checked it out about 2 months ago...), but I found a few discrepancies in the behavior of MQL4 in PT relative to MT4. That and the fact that PT crashed 3 times in 2 weeks made me give up on it. PT is also a major memory hog...

gordon:

I don't remember the limitations (I checked it out about 2 months ago...),

Our discussion was in https://forum.mql4.com/28140. I've not looked at it again since. If it's any indication of the software's penetration, the guys at Alpari UK hadn't heard of it when I had a meeting with them a couple of weeks ago.

My estimate is that this may be an interesting product in a year's time.

Meanwhile - in order to debug your EA, you'll need to do just what I did - use the PT documentation to learn to find your way around the product in order that you can use the stepping facilities etc. of the debugger.

CB

I have found a simple solution for flushing the log - just run a script containing a Print() statement.

int start() {

Print("FlushLog");
}

I have compiled this as a script and added it to my Favorites in Navigator. All I now have to do to flush the log is drag it onto a chart.

autoabacus:

I have found a simple solution for flushing the log - just run a script containing a Print() statement.

int start() {

Print("FlushLog");
}

I have compiled this as a script and added it to my Favorites in Navigator. All I now have to do to flush the log is drag it onto a chart.

And what are u going to do if u want to tail the log file? (which is the main reason for wanting it to be flushed in real-time)