Buy Limit / Sell Stop Levels.

Hi,

On the MetaTrader screen, when I right click and highlight Trading, I see the suggested Buy Limit and Sell Stop levels which are around 25 pips away from the running market price. Is it so that we can not set a pending order within certain PIPS from the market price ? Or is it that we can ? If not, why not ?

regards

Sat

every broker has a bit different setups for pending orders. and yes they all have requirements. limit/stop orders are more or less more precisious then market orders (in matter of slippage). brokers want to avoid scalping or too short term trading with using such techniques.

fx1.net:
every broker has a bit different setups for pending orders. and yes they all have requirements. limit/stop orders are more or less more precisious then market orders (in matter of slippage). brokers want to avoid scalping or too short term trading with using such techniques.

Some time back I found my broker not even fulfilling the order and I got error message saying "Off Quotes". and also I got "Bank did not respond in time" error once.

I am wondering, how these scenarios are handled in EA programs. Can someone please help ?

regards

Sat