Discussion of article "Indicator for Point and Figure Charting"

New article Indicator for Point and Figure Charting is published:

There are lots of chart types that provide information on the current market situation. Many of them, such as Point and Figure chart, are the legacy of the remote past.

This chart type has been known since the end of the XIX century. It was first mentioned by Charles Dow in his Wall Street Journal editorial written on July 20, 1901 who labeled it the "book" method. And although Dow referenced the "book" method as far back as 1886, he was the first to officially set down its use to this day.

Identifying patterns in the Point and Figure chart.

Author: Dmitriy Zabudskiy

very good indicator, i use today now, i am enjoy od this is !

congratulations, great article

thanks for this indicator,
in this pic,there is "FXI_Point&Figure-Adv" indicator in MT4. indicator is wrong and incorrect,but shape is like original P&F Charts!

https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/901674/gbpjpy-m30-pcm-brokers-dmcc

do you can divert APFD's shape to this one??

Chart GBPJPY, M30, 2013.10.17 14:10 UTC, PCM Brokers DMCC, MetaTrader 4, Demo
Chart GBPJPY, M30, 2013.10.17 14:10 UTC, PCM Brokers DMCC, MetaTrader 4, Demo
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol: GBPJPY. Periodicity: M30. Broker: PCM Brokers DMCC. Trading Platform: MetaTrader 4. Trading Mode: Demo. Date: 2013.10.17 14:10 UTC.

pejman-m:

thanks for this indicator,
in this pic,there is "FXI_Point&Figure-Adv" indicator in MT4. indicator is wrong and incorrect,but shape is like original P&F Charts!  

https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/901674/gbpjpy-m30-pcm-brokers-dmcc

do you can divert APFD's shape to this one??

Instead of one single column,it's better that columns seperate with continous blocks,and all column stick together.(one bearish column stick next bullish column and etc.)

I like this indicator a lot, however, I've found some issues. I show them in graphical images, even though I'm more worried about their practical consequences when this indicator is applied as part of an EA. First of all, coloring issues: 

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURCAD, M1, 2013.10.25

Alpari, MetaTrader 5, Demo

Point & Figure issues 1

EURCAD, M1, 2013.10.25, Alpari, MetaTrader 5, Demo

I'm also worried by the computational time which it takes to recompute the indicator (for instance, at a new bar), and the value provided meanwhile:

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURCAD, M1, 2013.10.25

Alpari, MetaTrader 5, Demo

Point & Figure issues 2

EURCAD, M1, 2013.10.25, Alpari, MetaTrader 5, Demo

watch this 2 images,,,,,with 5min interval.

in recalculation,some green columns reverse too red and red reverse to green! why?!!

pejman-m:

watch this 2 images,,,,,with 5min interval.

in recalculation,some green columns reverse too red and red reverse to green! why?!!

Seems this indicator is repainting (I didn't check)

jlwarrior:

I like this indicator a lot, however, I've found some issues. I show them in graphical images, even though I'm more worried about their practical consequences when this indicator is applied as part of an EA. First of all, coloring issues: 

I'm also worried by the computational time which it takes to recompute the indicator (for instance, at a new bar), and the value provided meanwhile:

Yes agree with the indicator has flaws. I did it only for manual trade, and did not think about the time of conversion.

Maybe if I have time, will publish its second version.

Thank you all for the comments. They help me in the following works do less flaws. 

Aktiniy:

Yes agree with the indicator has flaws. I did it only for manual trade, and did not think about the time of conversion.

Maybe if I have time, will publish its second version.

Thank you all for the comments. They help me in the following works do less flaws. 

Perhaps this is a better view for p&f(indicator is wrong and incorrect,but in a good view)

this chart is in MT4,with "cute_PointAndFigure" indicator......fleshes show date.

pls change shape of APFD like this. 

??????

?????? 

???????

???????