Which of the following would you prefer in a trading strategy?

• 77% (30)
  • 23% (9)
Total voters: 39

There is absolutely no comparison,  anyone who votes for 1000% once cannot add up and has no business trading.  10% a month for a year is 313%,  for 2 years is 985%,  for 3 years is 3091% . . .   I can wait 3 years.

RaptorUK:
ACCEPTABLE :-)

I'm perfer for 10%/month, Forex is a high risk job, so safe is very importance.

With my Demo acc, i had trade and gain 6000% in three month, but im still take care with my real account, i took only around 100%/month on real account! Safer!

Tks for poll! 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Forex is business not gambling. No meaning of doing a business for 1 week with huge profit and quit fearing lose.

Hiflyer:
Forex is business not gambling. No meaning of doing a business for 1 week with huge profit and quit fearing lose.
Right, they soon discover that in fact they are particularly likely to reap 100% loss.

Good pool idea, but as a Forex trader, 10% a month for the rest of your life because the strategy is safe seems quite conservative. In this case I would invest in other instruments far away from Forex. 

In my opinion, the pool lacked an intermediate alternative, that would be "higher than 10% a month but not a Jackpot style".

I believe this is possible (not for all), and quantitative high tech (like MT5) and community power (like MQL5) is one way to reach this.

Anyway, in a scenario all or nothing, like this pool, I still prefer the Jackpot style, because I will have a chance to reach the sky someday in my life.

figurelli:

Anyway, in a scenario all or nothing, like this pool, I still prefer the Jackpot style, because I will have a chance to reach the sky someday in my life.

Where do you see the sky being positioned ?  how long do you expect to live ?

For example,  $10,000 + 4 years at 10% a month =  $970,172

In forex ive come to learn one thing; Aim lower and stay safer. You can have 10 pips profit but this could either be a small profit or a big one depending on the lot size and leverage. Out of the ten pips to one person it could be a 100% profit but to another the same 10 pips would be just 10% profit. Now lets assume it was -10 pips.

tonny:
In forex ive come to learn one thing; Aim lower and stay safer. You can have 10 pips profit in but this could either be a small profit or a big one depending on the lot size and leverage. Out of the ten pips to one person it could be a 100% profit but to another it would be just 10% profit. Now lets assume it was -10 pips.
Don't you know what your risk is on each and every trade ?  don't you maximise the return on a winning trade and limit your risk to what you find acceptable by adjusting your position size ?  if you did this then it doesn't matter if your trade is for 5, 15, 25, 55 or 105 pips . . .  the risk is the same and the reward is the same.

RaptorUK:

Where do you see the sky being positioned ?  how long do you expect to live ?

For example,  $10,000 + 4 years at 10% a month =  $970,172

Note, I mean reach the sky as a discovery of the truth metaphor, this is not about money, i.e., in my view the market truth is the biggest challenge (or the sky) here.