How do I open an order without having a SL or a TP?

Hi,

When Im looking at the market I like to just make orders that dont have a SL or a TP and when it looks good I will buy and then later at some other time when it looks bad, I will sell, but its really hard for me to keep track of that because when I buy and then sell I get 2 orders placed at the same time and I end up hedging instead of just getting out of the market,

How can I place orders so that it just keeps track of the total number of lots I have and not keeps track of the individual Orders?

Bondy3:

Hi,

When Im looking at the market I like to just make orders that dont have a SL or a TP and when it looks good I will buy and then later at some other time when it looks bad, I will sell, but its really hard for me to keep track of that because when I buy and then sell I get 2 orders placed at the same time and I end up hedging instead of just getting out of the market,

How can I place orders so that it just keeps track of the total number of lots I have and not keeps track of the individual Orders?

To create an order without SL or TP, just set them each to 0 in the OrderSend() function.

Regarding the rest of your question, you'd need to be a bit more scientific and specific in how you state it.

CB

Bondy3:

Hi,

Hi Bondy

To place a manual order without stop-loss or take profit, just leave the values in the order window set to 0.0000 (same as setting them to 0.0000 in the OrderSend() function if you program it. However, beware of having open positions without stop-loss - it is dangerous if you get distracted and forget you have an open position!

To close an order manually you do not place a reverse order as you do with systems that keep a single position total. You must close the order. Manually, this is done by right clicking on the relevant order in the terminal and selecting "Close Order". In the pop-up window make sure you click the yellow Close Order button, not the Sell or Buy buttons. This will close the position without opening a hedge position.

I hope this helps.

Jellybean