When opening account with a broker, do you give importance to country/jurisdiction of the broker ?

• 33% (5)
  • 40% (6)
  • 20% (3)
  • 7% (1)
Total voters: 15

Hi All !

Please post your comments here. Thanks 

Hi Shunmas,

Just a question: why do you need replies to 13 polls? I know - it is really important for you to know the opinion of the members but why 13 threads with polls? Are you going to change your life ro something?

Just find curious to know the thoughts of community. I have had problems with brokers, so I thought to add polls. How can I change my life by adding polls ? Thanks

Country is one thing, juridiction an other. Personally I find important the juridiction (regulated or not), but I don't care about the country.

Thanks for your reply. Personally I think this is very important to trade with regulated brokers. In the past, I have had seen brokers fleeing away with clients deposits even in regulated countries/jurisdictions. Thanks

Shunmas:
Thanks for your reply. Personally I think this is very important to trade with regulated brokers. In the past, I have had seen brokers fleeing away with clients deposits even in regulated countries/jurisdictions. Thanks
Agreed, but regulated isn't a matter of country, am I wrong ?

I didn't get you. Do you know any country where taking customer deposits for forex trading is not regulated ? I don't think so. 

angevoyageur:
Agreed, but regulated isn't a matter of country, am I wrong ?

The regulations will be dependant on the Country and the regulations that the Country enforces, for example; I can hedge in the UK I can't in USA.

Some Brokers that have US and UK operations will be regulated differently,  the UK branch will be regulated by the FSA while the US branch will be regulated by the CFTC and NFA. 

RaptorUK:
The regulations will be dependant on the Country and the regulations that the Country enforces, for example; I can hedge in the UK I can't in USA.
Ah ok, I was thinking regulation was an international issue.