just wont take sells

Hi guys,

I have coded a simple idea i had for the Henken Ashi Indy...but my EA just refuses to take sell trades.

can anyone see what I have done wrong? its really not complicated code as I am still learning ...so hopefully you will see what

my fault is easily enough.

I have attached the EA

thanx

Files:
ha_eav02.mq4  6 kb

23510 wrote >>

Hi guys,

I have coded a simple idea i had for the Henken Ashi Indy...but my EA just refuses to take sell trades.

can anyone see what I have done wrong? its really not complicated code as I am still learning ...so hopefully you will see what

I have attached the EA

thanx

Not too sure but I think that the "comment" should be in quotes in the order send line.

Other than that I'd put a print statement in to see if the program ever tries to open a sell, the logic may not be correct and/or not doing what

you want or think that it is.

Also do you get any error messages in the journal or experts tab?

HTH

Keith

23510 wrote >>

Hi guys,

I have attached the EA

thanx

if(newbar()==true)
{
if (total==0&&previndex3<previndex2&&index3>index2)
{
ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,sll,tpl,comment,magic,0,Green);
if(ticket>0)
{
if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)) Print("BUY order opened : ",OrderOpenPrice());
}
else Print("Error opening BUY order : ",GetLastError());
return(0);
}

}// endif(newbar()==true) -->>close this if statement here

Thanx for the answers guys and thanx for the suggestion ronaldosim, I appreciate it very much, Iv got to get the hang of this coding thing sooner or later I reckon. haha

ronaldosim, I did the change you suggested and it still only takes buy trades...this is very strange to me..is there anything else it could be maybe?

What I did as a test is I took the sell criteria and placed it above the buy criteria...and now it sells only.!!!!

it seems to get stuck in a loop of the 1st set of criteria and wont check the next set.

I closed the newbar() with the } like you suggested and it still does this...

I am really all out of ideas and now must ask again for the better coders out there to please help me understand what i have done wrong.

thanx guys

23510:
ronaldosim, I did the change you suggested and it still only takes buy trades...this is very strange to me..is there anything else it could be maybe?

I've not tried out this code, or even viewed it in anything other than my web browser, so apologies if the following is nonsense... but isn't the problem that you've got two calls to the newbar() function? I've not checked the indenting and number of brackets, but it looks as though your code works as follows:

if (newbar() == true)

{

<Consider doing long trade>

if (newbar() == true) 

{

<Consider doing short trade>

}

}

From the looks of newbar() it can't possibly return true on consecutive calls like this. Once it's returned true, it will then always return false until a new bar starts. If you swapped round the long and short code, it would always go short and never go long. Therefore, broadly speaking, I think that you need to re-organise your code as follows so that there's only a single call to newbar():

if (newbar() == true)

{

}

jjc wrote >>

I've not tried out this code, or even viewed it in anything other than my web browser, so apologies if the following is nonsense... but isn't the problem that you've got two calls to the newbar() function? I've not checked the indenting and number of brackets, but it looks as though your code works as follows:

if (newbar() == true)

{

if (newbar() == true)

{

}

}

From the looks of newbar() it can't possibly return true on consecutive calls like this. Once it's returned true, it will then always return false until a new bar starts. If you swapped round the long and short code, it would always go short and never go long. Therefore, broadly speaking, I think that you need to re-organise your code as follows so that there's only a single call to newbar():

if (newbar() == true)

{

}

right on!

Thanx guys i will make the adjustments....I honestly dont know if i would ever have figured that out myself...so thanx for the input!