files mq4

Hi Everyone!

I am new to Forex, and a lot to learn ahead of me. Can someone please help me with some basic here. I cant open files mq4. This seems to be essential for EA trading. Thank U a lot.

Anna

annanaforexie wrote >>

Hi Everyone!

I am new to Forex, and a lot to learn ahead of me. Can someone please help me with some basic here. I cant open files mq4. This seems to be essential for EA trading. Thank U a lot.

Anna

Hi Anna,

For basic information on Forex here's a good place to start:

http://www.babypips.com/school/

An mq4 file is an Expert Advisor (EA), which is a fancy name for code that does your trading for you if you don't want to do it the good ol' fashion way (manual trade entry and exit). You need to understand manual trading before you dive into EA's, but here's a link that will help explain the basics of how an EA works:

'Expert Advisors Based on Popular Trading Systems and Alchemy of Trading Robot Optimization'

Hope this helps,

Tovan

Hi Again,

It just occured to me that I never really answered your direct question in all my rambling. So here's how you open an mq4 file:

From MetaTrader click on the MetaEditor button - this is a yellow diamond with an exclamation mark in it - on the tool bar.

In MetaEditor you can open mq4 files from the file open menu or open directly from the Navigator window, which opens on the right side of the main window by default.

MetaEditor is the code compiler and editing tool for MetaTrader EA's, Indicators, Scripts, Libraries, etc.

Good Luck,

Tovan

annanaforexie wrote >>

Hi Everyone!

Anna

tovan is correct.

However, you said that you are new to Forex and that opening the mq4 files is essential for EA trading. Well no, not directly it's not. You really may be wanting to know either how to install the EA into your MetaTrader Platform or how to launch and use the EA on one of the currency pairs. If you want to install- first close the MetaTrader platform. Then copy the EA mq4 file. Then open your brokers folder (most likely located in your Programs folder on your computer hard drive). Now, locate the Expert folder and Paste the mq4 file that you earlier copied into that folder (Expert folder). When you open the MetaTrader platform again it will be listed in the Navigator section under Expert Advisors. (Note: If you installed with the MetaTrader platform open. No problem. Just close it and then re-open.)

After you've done that and now you want to know how to use the EA open a new chart or use an existing chart. In the navigator section take your cursor and hover over the EA that you want to use and left click and hold. Then drag and drop over and unto the chart that you want to use. A popup window will appear where you can set parameters. When you close the popup you are done. The EA is set.

I hope this helps and what you needed to know.

Alan

thank U a lot for your help, i will do it, learn it, and be rich :D