Has anybody experencienced a color freeze?

I cannot change the color of anything in my charts, not lines (horizontal, vertical, trend or other), not candlesticks and not indicators. I can highlight the line and the color selection palate comes up, but when I select an alternate color it will not allow it and it remains the current color. I have reinstalled the MT4 platforms (into new directories) and it has made no difference!! I use 3 brokers, so I repeated it with the other brokers (Alpari and MBtrading (beta tester) and all 3 have the same issue. It makes me think that it is a Windows Vista problem. I run Vista 64bit Home, 4 gig of ram, on a Toshiba.

Has anybody ever experienced this? I am a very experienced user of MT4 and at a total loss for why this may be occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated if anyone else ever has a similar issue.

Thanks in advance,

pipsqueak4x

pipsqueak4x:

I cannot change the color of anything in my charts, not lines (horizontal, vertical, trend or other), not candlesticks and not indicators. I can highlight the line and the color selection palate comes up, but when I select an alternate color it will not allow it and it remains the current color. I have reinstalled the MT4 platforms (into new directories) and it has made no difference!! I use 3 brokers, so I repeated it with the other brokers (Alpari and MBtrading (beta tester) and all 3 have the same issue. It makes me think that it is a Windows Vista problem. I run Vista 64bit Home, 4 gig of ram, on a Toshiba.

Has anybody ever experienced this? I am a very experienced user of MT4 and at a total loss for why this may be occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated if anyone else ever has a similar issue.

Thanks in advance,

pipsqueak4x

Only way I can change colors is by using decimals e.g. 50,50,50 or color Name, I use XP sp3.

I suspect that i occurs when adding certain, ea, scripts or indicators, but do not know which one

I am aware that other users have the same problem.

I have exactly this problem.

Do we know a solution by now ?

Thank you for your help 

makra081:

Does do we know a solution by now ?

Thank you for your help 

I suspect that this issue has been resolved by the user during the 3.5 years since he reported it.

makra081:

Does do we know a solution by now ?

Thank you for your help 

I suspect that this issue has been resolved by the user during the 3.5 years since he reported it.

I have this problem right now !

makra081:
I have this problem right now !
OK,  tell me exactly how to reproduce this issue and I'll report it to Metaquotes for you.

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/win7

I can not describe it better than this:

pipsqueak4x:

I work on XP and have different MT4 brokers, the rest is the same.

I had no issues before. And I have not changed anything knowingly.

Does MT4 use any framework from XP for the color palette ? Like .net ? 

@WHRoeder I am on XP. TY for your help 

makra081:

I can not describe it better than this:

OK,  I tried that and I was able to change the color of a horizontal line . . .  so it doesn't tell me how to reproduce your issue.

Perhaps you could explain what you have done to try and resolve your problem ?   what build are you currently using ?  have you tried a fresh install with standard templates and no Indicators, EAs or scripts running ?