MetaEditor Crash Report

Hi,

I am runng windows Vista x64, 80% of times when I copy some text ( pressing ctrl+c ) in MetaEditor it crashes, I believe this should be a problem with MetaEditor as my windows is very fresh with no problems, I tried to copy the text of Problem signature, but it was not working, so I post screen shots here.

Regards

FiFtHeLeMeNt:

Hi,

I am runng windows Vista x64, 80% of times when I copy some text ( pressing ctrl+c ) in MetaEditor it crashes, I believe this should be a problem with MetaEditor as my windows is very fresh with no problems, I tried to copy the text of Problem signature, but it was not working, so I post screen shots here.

Regards

I have found the crash to happen on my machine only when the following scenario exists (that I have found so far):

1) MetaEditor was closed with no files open, so when I start MetaEditor again there are no files open. If I open a file and try to copy text, MetaEditor crashes.

SOLUTIONS that have worked for me:

EDIT: Once you do either #1 or #2 below, select some text and press ctrl-c or select copy from the edit menu BEFORE you open a file to edit.

1) Leave a dummy script open all the time, so that when you start MetaEditor again, at least one file is open all ready.

OR

2) If you start MetaEditor and no files are open, create a new dummy script and then open the file you want to edit. If you are creating a new file to begin with, it won't crash when you copy text (at least it hasn't for me).

Hope this helps, it has worked perfectly for me.

LHT

LtlHdThnkr:

I have found the crash to happen on my machine only when the following scenario exists (that I have found so far):

1) MetaEditor was closed with no files open, so when I start MetaEditor again there are no files open. If I open a file and try to copy text, MetaEditor crashes.

SOLUTIONS that have worked for me:

EDIT: Once you do either #1 or #2 below, select some text and press ctrl-c or select copy from the edit menu BEFORE you open a file to edit.

1) Leave a dummy script open all the time, so that when you start MetaEditor again, at least one file is open all ready.

OR

2) If you start MetaEditor and no files are open, create a new dummy script and then open the file you want to edit. If you are creating a new file to begin with, it won't crash when you copy text (at least it hasn't for me).

Hope this helps, it has worked perfectly for me.

LHT

Has anyone else figured out a solution?

I have tried the 2 above to no avail.

It is aggravating to have to type the same thing over and over when ctrl+C & ctrl+V work

I have win 7 32bit btw

don't install under "Windows" or "Program Files" folder