Stock and Equity Charts on MT5 Demo

Hi,

It may be silly question but I am new please forgive. I downloaded MT5 Demo but it seems to have only forex available. Is that because the demo is limited only to forex?

And if so can I get a the non-demo and is it free?

Thanks,

Rory  

rory2553:

Hi,

It may be silly question but I am new please forgive. I downloaded MT5 Demo but it seems to have only forex available. Is that because the demo is limited only to forex?

Thanks,

Rory  

Welcome Rory,

You have to find a broker who provide what you are searching. Symbol provided by MT5 platform are totally dependent of the broker.

Good luck.

rory2553:

Hi,

Thanks,

Rory  

You can try to loaded all available chart with this way : in Market Watch, right click and select Show All.

Non-Demo Account is free.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Thank you both for your replys I have moved off a Demo account and onto real account, but still only get Forex and no equity indicies and other. Is there any settings where this can be changed?

Thanks,

Rory 

• www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

rory2553:

Thank you both for your replys I have moved off a Demo account and onto real account, but still only get Forex and no equity indicies and other. Is there any settings where this can be changed?

Thanks,

Rory 

Already answered. Have you read and understood the responses from achidayat and mine ?

angevoyageur:
Already answered. Have you read and understood the responses from achidayat and mine ?

Hi, I have had the same thing. 

Selecting All still only shows more Forex options and not Stock options.

I cannot find a broker which uses Metatrader for stocks.

I use MT4 for trading forex and I am used to the platofrm.

I originally started trading with stocks and using eSignal which was costing me something like £45 a month.

I want to try trading stocks again so need a charting system. Metatrader would be ideal.

I initally want to practice using a demo acount and only trading FTSE100 companies.

Any help from the community would be much appreciated.

Mark 

leem2209:
Are you sure to try all Metatrader broker? Which Metatrader broker do you want, MT4 or MT5?

achidayat:
Are you sure to try all Metatrader broker? Which Metatrader broker do you want, MT4 or MT5?
MT4 can't trade stock. MT5 can but you have to find a broker who provides that.

MT5 for stock market
MT5 for stock market
  • www.mql5.com
Are there brokers allow trading both FX and stocks for the US markets?