Which of the following do you agree with regarding trading platforms(multiple selections allowed). - page 3

newdigital:

Hi RaptorUK,

I understand what you mean but I only believe that 'hedging traders' (who really like/using hedging) are minority. Example: I did/do not use hedging :)

I think - the traders (who really use/like hedging) should make real proposal to MQ. Because as I see: with hedging ... or without heding - it will be same one :) ... (same for everything for MQ for example).

I agree with you: if many traders like hedging so it should be accepted by new platform. But rhetorical question: why many MT4 brokers are not accepting hedging? I think - it is not related to MQ in direct way for example. 

Open 2 equal trades in the same pair in opposite direction, is not hedging. If in addition you do that at same time, this is non sense trading.

Anyway nothing prevents you to do this in MT5.

I just opened buy for AUDUSD, after that - I opened sell for AUDUSD: both trades were closed immediately. If I opened buy stop and sell stop (pending orders) - no problem at all.

I never used hedging so ... even if I used martingale - I used it without hedging. So ... with hedging or without hedging ... same for me sorry. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

newdigital:

Hi RaptorUK,

I understand what you mean but I only believe that 'hedging traders' (who really like/using hedging) are minority. Example: I did/do not use hedging :)

I think - the traders (who really use/like hedging) should make real proposal to MQ. Because as I see: with hedging ... or without hedging - it will be same one :) ... (same for everything for MQ for example).

I agree with you: if many traders like hedging so it should be accepted by new platform. But rhetorical question: why many MT4 brokers are not accepting hedging? I think - it is not related to MQ in direct way for example. 

I think a lot of the complaints will be as a result of ignorant traders or lazy coders . . .  life is easy when one EA can work in isolation without having to consider what another EA is doing,  this is not the case with MT5.  MT4 Brokers that do not allow hedging will mostly be because they are USA based and hedging is not allowed in USA. I'm not based in the USA so I don't have to be limited by that constraint . . . unless I opt to use MT5.

Even if all the complaints come from Ignorant traders and lazy coders that still means they may be reluctant to use MT5,  you can argue if their complaint is justified or not,  the end result is the same,  reluctance to use MT5.

I'd be interested to know why MetaQuotes made MT5 "no hedging" across the board,  does anyone know why ?  

Who said pending orders. Open two opposite equal sized trades like in mt4. Assuming you are using two different strategies/signals/eas and one says buy then the other says sell which would best handle this without too much hassle mt4 or mt5 and dont mention mql signal.
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

RaptorUK:

I'd be interested to know why MetaQuotes made MT5 "no hedging" across the board,  does anyone know why ?  

Because they want a general trading platform, not only for forex. There are different markets where the 'hedging' is not authorized and they do not want to maintain two systems in parallel.

Raptor is right. And to add, we are talking of mt5 by itself dont tell us oh there is a ea that does that oh there is an indicator... can or cant mt5 in its natural state take trades like mt4 can? Thats the question. And further more, the poll speaks louder traders and signal providers prefer mt4 and only developers prefer otherwise.

tonny:
Who said pending orders. Open two opposite equal sized trades like in mt4. Assuming you are using two different strategies/signals/eas and one says buy then the other says sell which would best handle this without too much hassle mt4 or mt5 and dont mention mql signal.

Why always the same laments ? If you aren't capable to use MT5, use MT4, who cares.

where did you get it that most mt4 brokers dont allow hedging? Infact most except us brokers allow hedging

@ange... no no no question is does it or doesnt it? Dont escape from the question

tonny:
@ange... no no no question is does it or doesnt it? Dont escape from the question

Which question ?