No trend EA

I'm working now on a EA that work nive with no trend, but when is a trend (let's say more trhan 300 pips with no come back) it mean a big loose, so i want that it work only when is no trend market,

so I need to use an indicator that say with security when the market is going to take trend (in more than 300 pips with no come back). I was thinking in use SMA and an angle indicator, but i dont know what values to use with SMA or if there is a better system (like an EMA crossing the SMA).

In conclusion i need how to define trend in less than 300 pips, if its possible to define trend before better.

please help me :)

Regards

Luis

monomonono:

I'm working now on a EA that work nive with no trend, but when is a trend (let's say more trhan 300 pips with no come back) it mean a big loose, so i want that it work only when is no trend market,

so I need to use an indicator that say with security when the market is going to take trend (in more than 300 pips with no come back). I was thinking in use SMA and an angle indicator, but i dont know what values to use with SMA or if there is a better system (like an EMA crossing the SMA).

In conclusion i need how to define trend in less than 300 pips, if its possible to define trend before better.

please help me :)

Regards

Luis

so what your asking for is a guaranteed way to tell when the market is about to trend for 300 pips with no reversals.

hell, that doesn't sound to hard. Anybody?

nono, the point is that If there is going to be a reversal it's fine. the think its to know that the market have a strong trend after a few pips (about 150)

monomonono wrote >>
nono, the point is that If there is going to be a reversal it's fine. the think its to know that the market have a strong trend after a few pips (about 150)

Try to use the ADX indicator . When above 25 is indicating that a "strong" trend could take place;-)

Keep me in the loop with your EA development. Can be very interesing.

Ciao

Fabio

As far as I know there is no such indicator that could do what you ask. I also really like trading ranges,

and search for a long time for such indicator, and found no sollution for this.

As you said there is a problem with breakout form trading range that could lead to some serious loss.

The best defence against it is using stop loss. You should identify support or resistanse and put StopLoss a few pips above

or a few pips below support or resistance (outside trading range). This will limit your profit but it will also protect

you from devastating loos.

You can estimate how big the move will be by observing and identyfing support and resistance on

bigger timeframe. For example if you are trading M5 then you should look at M15, M30, H1, D1 and try to identify support and resistances on these timeframes.

Look how far they are from current market position, when there will be breakout it market will go to one of those levels.

Hey guys

Check this out

http://forex.eazel.com/2006/05/31/vhf-indicator/

When VHF is relatively low, then ranging is taking place

Test settings for pair & timeframe

Good Luck

-BB-