Sergey Kovalyov’s Book Is Now Downloadable! - page 2

Lenar wrote >>

MetaQuotes Software Corp. announces placing a downloadable version of Sergey Kovalyov’s book Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4 on the website of MQL4.community. The book is published in the Windows Help File (CHM) format, and it can be downloaded to be studied offline.

As its title suggests, the book is devoted to programming in MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4). The manual is written in a simple and clear language and intended for both novices and experienced traders. Once having studied the book, you will be able to start developing your own Expert Advisors, technical indicators, and scripts.

Sergey Kovalyov’s book has already been published on www.MQL4.com. Today we are publishing it as a separated file to be downloaded free of charge:

Participating in the author’s efforts to create this book, our company did their best to assist everybody with mastering of automated trading. We are highly interested in that the book turns out to be helpful for as many traders as possible. If you run your own website or blog, we would appreciate if you could place on it this book or a link to its downloadable version on our site.

URL-link code for downloading Sergey Kovalyov's Book from MQL4.community:

• <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookenglish.chm" target="_blank">Sergey Kovalyov's Book on Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4</a> (2 Mb)
  • <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookrussian.chm" target="_blank">Cергей Ковалев, "Программирование на алгоритмическом языке MQL4"</a> (2 Mb)

Book Publication Terms and Conditions:

• The rightholder of the book is MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • The book is distributed free of charge.
  • The book cannot be modified under any circumstance when being published.
  • It is prohibited from extracting (decompiling) parts or texts of the book and publishing them on the internet, or other websites or even the press and media.

We highly appreciate placing on your website the book itself or a link to download it from our site.

I personally thank

Lenar wrote >>

MetaQuotes Software Corp. announces placing a downloadable version of Sergey Kovalyov’s book Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4 on the website of MQL4.community. The book is published in the Windows Help File (CHM) format, and it can be downloaded to be studied offline.

As its title suggests, the book is devoted to programming in MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4). The manual is written in a simple and clear language and intended for both novices and experienced traders. Once having studied the book, you will be able to start developing your own Expert Advisors, technical indicators, and scripts.

Sergey Kovalyov’s book has already been published on www.MQL4.com. Today we are publishing it as a separated file to be downloaded free of charge:

Participating in the author’s efforts to create this book, our company did their best to assist everybody with mastering of automated trading. We are highly interested in that the book turns out to be helpful for as many traders as possible. If you run your own website or blog, we would appreciate if you could place on it this book or a link to its downloadable version on our site.

• <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookenglish.chm" target="_blank">Sergey Kovalyov's Book on Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4</a> (2 Mb)
  • <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookrussian.chm" target="_blank">Cергей Ковалев, "Программирование на алгоритмическом языке MQL4"</a> (2 Mb)

• It is prohibited from extracting (decompiling) parts or texts of the book and publishing them on the internet, or other websites or even the press and media.

We highly appreciate placing on your website the book itself or a link to download it from our site.

Hi, I am not manage to download the book. After the download complete, it show below. Can you help? or can you email the book to me at fxcheong@gmail.com

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Lenar wrote >>

I keep getting an error asking me to re-enter the address when I try to download this book. Is there another link somewhere or can I purchase it ?

found a bug in inform.mqh, please add highlighted lines in the part 8-9:

//----------------------------------------------------------------------- 8 --
if(StringLen(Name_Grf_Txt[29]) > 0)
ObjectDelete(Name_Grf_Txt[29]); // Deleting 29th (upper) object
for(i=29; i>=1; i--) // Cycle for array indexes ..
{ // .. of graphical objects
Name_Grf_Txt[i]=Name_Grf_Txt[i-1];// Raising objects:
if(StringLen(Name_Grf_Txt[i]) > 0)
ObjectSet( Name_Grf_Txt[i], OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 2+15*i);
}

or you get such messages in experts tab:

object name passed to ObjectDelete function cannot be an uninitialized or empty string

aiv:

found a bug in inform.mqh, please add highlighted lines in the part 8-9:

Could you point the reference to this code exactly?

I also cant OPEN the file, I get an error message "

Sammasati:
I also cant OPEN the file, I get an error message "

right click -> properties -> unblock

Would you please tell me if you are going to publish (.pdf) version of this book so I can print it and read it away of the computer?
When are you going to publish the mql5 book in (.pdf) format?

I get an error message

SOLUTION

I finally found the solution to view the book:

Simply right-click on the CHM file, select Properties, and click on the "Unblock" button. Click "Apply" and the content should be visible.