Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5 - page 2

stringo:
Tester is planned to be multithread. But this is client terminal feature not MQL5

multithread - in what area(s)

1. >1 server trade operation process going on concurrently?
  2. client terminal / EA(s) based concurrency regarding >1 EA issuing tradeOp?
  3. what benifits derived from having n trade operations concurrently relative to current synchronous use ? most interested in your answer on this one, thank you
  4. if (1.) then surely will be max... meaning that current synchronisers() functionality must remain - because the same single thread brick wall will [for some eager to loose money:-] still be hit ?
  5. You have suggested tradeOp differences( 2008.04.02 18:16) ... Will these possible differences and possible tradeOp multithreading be surrounded by new client terminal error management functionality (these areas would infer more complexity) which takes more ownership of handling trade server / client terminal error conditions ? most interested in your answer on this one, thank you
  6. I have read that deliberate single thread design implemented to [ultimately] throttle back trade server overrun issues etc, which could manifest with (1.) [and of course rogue EAs :] Are brokers geared up to take [potential] traffic increase ? and will all MT brokers allow this ?

Thank you

Do not mix trade operations and processor threads.

It will be only one trade thread for all EAs

Thank you - please excuse my unclear text - I never have mixed up the concepts, only probing for path client terminal might be traveling - multiple trade threads do not seem for me to be worth loosing sleep over :o)))

If unable to consistently make income with one trade thread - why is it supposed by many that >1 thread will bring about consistentcy and enhance income?

Good news - imho

Thank you

Generally speaking about new MT5, can you please make MT5 compatible with ECN brokers?

Would be great. Thanks.

It is thread about MQL5 not MT5

Is it planned that MQL5 will come out for MT4, not with a new MT5?

Sammy:
Is it planned that MQL5 will come out for MT4, not with a new MT5?

No, it is not. MQL5 will come out for MT5.

As stringo said in his interview, "the development of MT5 is in full swing, and the development of MQL5 is at its closing stage".

This is why we're discussing MQL5 in this thread.

It's a bit too early to discuss MT5 now.

Just wait for our news, please.

stringo:

Is it possible to switch to a queue for the trade thread? So, instead of OrderSend, you might have OrderEnqueue. OrderEnqueue could perhaps return a ticket object (as opposed to just a number) with test methods that would tell the program things like whether or not the order has been transmitted by the trade thread, how long the order has been waiting in the queue for the trade thread and, once transmitted, whether or not the brokers server successfully processed the order.

My current technique for dealing with a busy trade thread involves waiting a random amount of time (like 10 to 250ms) and polling the trade thread once again. Polling the trade thread is not the best use of an EA's time.

Hi,

are you going to improve EA tester.

In my testing i found differences between real trading and testing results.

What about the debugger?

Thanks

Will this new MQL5 support event-driven programming?

In event-driven environment, we can just define what kind events we want to handle and write a routine (function) to process that event.

Automatic trading basically processes events that occur: event when an indicator hits certain value, event when price triggers an order, event when an open order is being closed, event when an open order causing margin call/stop out, etc...

But in MQL4 we are lacking such a feature, so the solution is quite unnatural because we have to check every condition we need to know inside the start() function on every tick of the applied chart.

Consider an example that an account is nearing a stop-out because of an open position. However the EA is applied only to (unfortunately slower) one chart, different from the pair currently traded. It misses a call to start() and stop-out happens. This wouldn't happen if there is an event-driven function to handle the event.