the newbie question of the week-end

hello everyone....

I just discover the forex and the meta-trader...

so.. I tryed to perform a back-test with EA proposed on this website (like ATS combo and MACDCCI) and nothing happen.... no result, no graph......

So I have downloaded de .mq4 file and I puted in my EA folder, I'm rebooted my MIG. I see the EA in my option box and I run the EA test in 1m,

the process look like correct but nothing happen, 0 trade.

If someone can help me, thanks

carl

P.s Sorry for my bad english...

SA

Did you select the correct Symbol (currency pair) for the EA?
Did you select Model='Every tick'?
Look in the Journal tab of the Strategy Tester for possible hints on the problem?
Is there any History data for the Symbol you are using? Look in Tools/History Center and double click the Symbol of interest. If the time periods you are after are grey, double click them and Download sme history data.

Good luck
-BB-

BarrowBoy:
SA

Did you select the correct Symbol (currency pair) for the EA?
Did you select Model='Every tick'?
Look in the Journal tab of the Strategy Tester for possible hints on the problem?
Is there any History data for the Symbol you are using? Look in Tools/History Center and double click the Symbol of interest. If the time periods you are after are grey, double click them and Download sme history data.

Good luck
-BB-

ok, I downloaded all data for 1M EURUSD and is dont work anymore

my Pair currency is EURUSD and the period is every tick....

so, in my journal I see this error manytime: 2008.03.16 11:36:48 2008.03.13 23:15 Combo_Right EURUSD,M1: OrderSend error 131

all of EA than I tryed display this error

I don't know what to do....

thanks...

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/mt4/tester

SA

Error code 131 for an order means an incorrect value for the lot size has been set.

Most likely you (or the code) is:

1) Sending 0.01 as a lotsize when the account is a standard mini (which needs 0.1 as a minimum)

2) Sending a blank lotsize

3) Sending some value that is over the max lot size of the account

Copy & paste either the whole EA or just the OrderSend line - depending on how valuable you think the code is ;)

-BB-

• k, thank you!

Its work now....

so... you know where I can find a performante EA (totaly free) because, I d'ont have a time to learn programming

but I have time ton win cash!!! LOL

• k bye and thanks...

carl