RAVI_FX_Fisher:

The unnormalized oscillator using Fisher Transform

Fig.1 The RAVI_FX_Fisher indicator

Fig.1 The RAVI_FX_Fisher indicator

Author: Nikolay Kositsin

A quick view at the code shows
//---- getting the ATR indicator handle
   FsATR_Handle=iATR(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,MAslow);
   if(FsATR_Handle==INVALID_HANDLE)Print(" Failed to get handle of the ATR indicator");

//---- getting the ATR indicator handle
   SlATR_Handle=iATR(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,MAslow);
   if(SlATR_Handle==INVALID_HANDLE)Print(" Failed to get handle of the ATR indicator");

Ist the first MAslow intedend? In the MQL4 code MAfast is used.

Regards Uwe

It is written that author of RAVI_FX_Fisher indicator is GODZILLA but I opened the code in MetaEditor and I see the following:

RAVI_FX_Fisher.mq5 |

//Copyright © 2005, Luis Guilherme Damiani |

So, who is real author and who is fake author? Or just 2 authors? Does Luis Guilherme Damiani know and he is having second author in his indicator? I hope he was infomed (because it is his indicator, right)?

may be I am wring as I am not a coder sorry.

Well, GODZILLA (Nikolay Kositsin) does a great job translating a lot of the "old" MQL4 indicators to MQL5 and enhance most of them by optical "gimmics".

He seem to mention always the real author, as he does here. Except there might be coding error (see my comment above) inside of this indicator.

I was talking about the following case: some people do not know about who is author, who was "translated" from MT4 to MT5. They came to mql5 community and see the author: GODZILLA. I am not a coder so I do not have any feeling ... such as "bad feeling related to authorship/copywrite changed" :) I am just talking about the situation for traders.

It may be good to improve some fields for the following:

• author: ...
  • author of conversion from [MT4] [TradeStation] [etc]: ...

Of course, if some coder improved some indicator - he may be co-author. Co-author only. Not as "individual author with the other authors deleted". 

Just an idea.

Because if we are talking about MT5 as a different platform (not an upgrade of MT4 for example), so - TradeStation is different platform too, and so on. And conversion (so called "translation") can be made from any platform to MT5. 

Besides, some indicators are having the history ... sometimes - great history. It is the same as the history of the country for example. It is the same as you are writing PhD thesis or Candidate's dissertation for example - you will write the list of the literature, right? You will write about what was happened before you created this version. Or ... if you invented something - you will have to write about what the people invented before you did it (otherwise your patent will not be registered).

For example, if I download few indicators from CodeBase and will change the code slightly for indicator to place the lebels on the chart, and indicator can place the words "price", "buy" or "sell", "oversold" or "overbough" on the chart so I will be author? :) if I am author so I can rename my indicator :) and we will have 100 indicators with the name "newdigital" who are not a coder and who did nothing in reality ... :) 

I agree totally with you,

but following the state of this publishing platform Godzilla could not have done better than mention

The real author:

Luis Guilherme Damiani

in the first lines of the description (and inside the code). Although I have not yet published code here I think the author mentioned on the page is automatically the one who uploads the description and code. Credit belongs to whom credit deserves, no hijacking of code ;)

Yes, I agree. I just expressed my feeling about ... I think this form should be improved with more fields to fill so the traders will know the history of the indicator. Because every good indicator is as a book to read concerning the history of the creation and rules to use.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting in Financial Video March 2014

newdigital, 2014.03.03 16:19

Boosting RSI with the Modified Inverse Fisher Transform (MIFT) - Part 1

Upside price action can be in sharp contrast to what is experienced to the downside. "The market goes down like an elevator but up like an escalator," as prices tend to fall faster than they rise. At the same time, technical indicators, such as the well-known Relative Strength Index (RSI), treat rising prices the same as falling prices. Adjusting the indicator distribution with the Modified Inverse Fisher Transform (MIFT) helps to account for those differences and provides new trading applications. This paper will introduce the TSLabs: Modified Inverse Fisher Transform custom indicator with practical examples to explore and apply in trading.

=======

The article : Applying The Fisher Transform and Inverse Fisher Transform to Markets Analysis in MetaTrader 5

=======

Indicators from MT5 CodeBase :

=======