Coders' Guru MQL5 lessons. - page 2

Shantala:

Would be more helpful if started from scratch.
Thanks Shantala! I think too it's the best approach.

I published an indicator in the code base yesterday.
What do you think about starting by step-by-step studying the code?

up.

Thanks Finger! But I think people here don't want someone to teach them mq5 :)

codersguru:

Thanks Finger! But I think people here don't want someone to teach them mq5 :)

i learn mq5 by write indicator, and when i have problem i share it here to some body help me ; like as you help me before for this:

IS THERE AN INDICATOR send alarm or message when price reach to a trend line? and thank for it,

&&

and now can you help me please for this:

" CreatePitchfork & SetPitchfork " how set it to : do not draw levels ?

I look forward very much your lessons. I think a good approach would be to start with very SIMPLE examples that do only basic tasks. For examples some simple custom indicator that doesn't do anything complex just calculates a sum of some numbers and then passes this sum to expert advisor who inits the handle of this custom indicator and gets the sum from the indicators buffer and then prints the sum on screen as an alert. These types of examples I consider helpful as they teach only one thing at a time and don't make it confusing by adding elements that are not directly related to the topic. This is just a suggestion. Hope it helps :)

Br, Candles

Introduction to MQL5: How to write simple Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator
Introduction to MQL5: How to write simple Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator
  • Denis Zyatkevich
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Programming Language 5 (MQL5), included in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal, has many new possibilities and higher performance, compared to MQL4. This article will help you to get acquainted with this new programming language. The simple examples of how to write an Expert Advisor and Custom Indicator are presented in this article. We will also consider some details of MQL5 language, that are necessary to understand these examples.

I agree.

codersguru 2013.02.19 09:04 #
 The mq4 version of this indicator been downloaded 9366 times in my site.

can you please send me link of your site.

TIMisthebest:

can you please send me link of your site. 

Links to codersguru is available at codersguru profile