API?

As I understood MT uses only MQL2 for programming & doesn't provide any API for programming in any other language (I'm interested in C#)?

LesioS:
As I understood MT uses only MQL2 for programming & doesn't provide any API for programming in any other language (I'm interested in C#)?
Correction: MQL4.

If you want to automate trading using an external application, you can use a DLL application as the external plugin.
You can study our examples in the client terminal folder:
/MetaTrader 4/experts/samples/DLLSample/ - VC++6.0 source code of a DLL example,
/MetaTrader 4/experts/samples/include/sampledll.mqh - a header file,
/MetaTrader 4/experts/samples/libraries/ExpertSample.dll - an external DLL file
/MetaTrader 4/experts/samples/ExportFunctions.mq4 - MQL4 expert advisor program.

Right: MQL4.. Unfortuantely, I've started with outdated MQL2 and was a little bit disapointed: looks like something similar to C, but not too similar...

As mentioned in one article published in article database (it was "How to develop a reliable and safe trade robot in MQL4") .mq4 compiler is not as afficient as for example Microsoft VS.NET compilers. It turns me back to some API to develop EAs in e.g C# (my favourite one) with strong type checking, intellisence support and very strong compiler.

It would be really good to provide API for all MQL4 language features to enable write .exe application which behave as EA under MT4 but without MT4. I don't know if MetaQuotes would like such approach ;)

LesioS wrote >>

Right: MQL4.. Unfortuantely, I've started with outdated MQL2 and was a little bit disapointed: looks like something similar to C, but not too similar...

As mentioned in one article published in article database (it was "How to develop a reliable and safe trade robot in MQL4") .mq4 compiler is not as afficient as for example Microsoft VS.NET compilers. It turns me back to some API to develop EAs in e.g C# (my favourite one) with strong type checking, intellisence support and very strong compiler.

It would be really good to provide API for all MQL4 language features to enable write .exe application which behave as EA under MT4 but without MT4. I don't know if MetaQuotes would like such approach ;)

Hello Lesios,

I want to develop an EA based on martingale strategy.

Kindly contact me, if you provide programming services

msy1970@gmail.com