Interactive expert

Hello everyone;

I just like to ask the professionals in MQL programming language, is it applicable to program an expert advisor that interacts with me through emails, for the following needs:

1. Sending me each new news arrives to some external email

2. Reading my emails, and applying orders from it.

Of course these points require programming and a lot of special cases, but I just like to know if it can be done, then I will start to program it and find the way to do that, of course your valuable help is my backup,,,,

All this is for:

I am planning to make my expert advisor working 24hours /5 days by using a VPS, and I do not have a constant access on the internet, so because sometimes the news are attractive, I think to get a mobile phone that have an email client, which through it I can interact with my expert. Receiving the news from the expert then if the news is attractive I simply can send him an email to apply an order.

I hope that this idea is applicable.....

Thank you in advance for your help........

Waiting for your valuable replies.....

Samir.......

samirmta:

This exactly supports the points I'm proposing in the other thread.
  1. MQL has API for sending email (SendMail) or SendFTP.
  2. But there is no API for reading email or news.
There is API for reading files, but not files in mail or news folder.
Furthermore, the format of mail and news files are not published.

So as another option, is there a way in sending autometically the news to an external email address, with out any experts involved....

Thank you for your fast reply fireflies......

samirmta:

So as another option, is there a way in sending autometically the news to an external email address, with out any experts involved....

Thank you for your fast reply fireflies......

Regarding your idea of reading news. It seems to me that it's better to find some other (more timely, more reliable, more complete, ...etc.) source for news besides news feed from the broker.
Then, the problem is how to trigger an order remotely. Because the limitation of MQL, this must be assisted by an external program. This program should read the incoming mail, parse it, and store the command inside experts/files folder. Then an EA should be able to read it and execute its command.

Yea, you are right, it seems that MQL is limited in these things, big ideas limited resources, I think I must start to think about something else........

and by the way if two different computers accessing the same account, do theytwo get the same emails and news........

that may solve the problem,,,, may be,,,,,,

fireflies:
samirmta:

This exactly supports the points I'm proposing in the other thread.
  1. MQL has API for sending email (SendMail) or SendFTP.
  2. But there is no API for reading email or news.
There is API for reading files, but not files in mail or news folder.
Furthermore, the format of mail and news files are not published.

If API can read files, it can well read files from an FTP/HTTP Server? You might try services like t35.com/geocities.com to host your TXT files on FTP/HTTP.

Hi samirmta

I saw an EA in this forum where it can read data from one webpage and open order based on the data. I didn't try it yet

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9524

samirmta:

Yea, you are right, it seems that MQL is limited in these things, big ideas limited resources, I think I must start to think about something else........

and by the way if two different computers accessing the same account, do theytwo get the same emails and news........

that may solve the problem,,,, may be,,,,,,

re: news

are you talking about the news published by the broker? if so, since you are on vps, you can remote-connect to your vps to view the news manually. another way is to get a second broker account, and log on it on your computer. i assume that all accounts receive the same market news.

re: initiating order remotely

mt4 can be extended using c/c++. for that reason, your EA can call a c/c++ extension to poll something outside mt4: e.g. a website (you create your own website), a web service, etc. all of which you can edit wherever you are.