Pre 1970 Dates

Hello to All,

Is there a way to use dates that are before 1970? 

Judging from the fact that MQL's datetime counts seconds since Jan 1 1970, no. Why do you need those dates anyway? Not like there were any real Forex rates back then.

Hello enivid,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. I figured that I would need to code my own date/time functions to support dates that go back further than 1970. While Forex data doesnt go that far back but stocks do and now that MT5 supports stock symbols I would have figured that the good folks at metaquotes would have realized that there will be a need for the basic date/time struct to handle dates that go back 100 years, their current date/time struct can handle dates up to the year 3000 well into the future. Seems to me someone over there wasnt thinking things through when they designed the date/time struct to be included into MT5.

EK 

Create an CI that read that historical data. Pretty easy to create this CI, and there's also one in mql5 market if you prefer to spend money.
Why Is MQL5 Market the Best Place for Selling Trading Strategies and Technical Indicators
Why Is MQL5 Market the Best Place for Selling Trading Strategies and Technical Indicators
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5.community Market provides Expert Advisors developers with the already formed market consisting of thousands of potential customers. This is the best place for selling trading robots and technical indicators!

Hello phi.nuts

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a CI?

EK 

Emerald_King:

Hello phi.nuts

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a CI?

EK 

CI = Custom Indicator, EA = Expert Advisor, Script = Script.
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

phi.nuts:
CI = Custom Indicator, EA = Expert Advisor, Script = Script.

Hello phi.nuts

Thanks again for commenting, but all I am looking to do is reference dates that are older than 1970 and get the number of days between dates.

EK 

Emerald_King:

Hello phi.nuts

Thanks again for commenting, but all I am looking to do is reference dates that are older than 1970 and get the number of days between dates.

EK 

Ups, that will be difficult to impossible things to do.