MT4 trailing stop from menu, how does code know its on ???

I am wrting some code to move my stop loss to breakeven after certain number of x pips profits has been secured.

BUT.. how can I turn my code off when and if I decide to start a trailing stop loss from the MT4 menu manually. Is there a function that recognises that a MT4 menu fired trailing stop is running on a particular order...???

What does this do, can it help me ???

bool IsTradeAllowed( )
Returns TRUE if the expert is allowed to trade and a thread for trading is not occupied, otherwise returns FALSE.

Add trailing stop into your expert advisor and do not use MetaTrader trailing. ;)
Now there is no IsTrailingActive( ) function.

RickD wrote:
Add trailing stop into your expert advisor and do not use MetaTrader trailing. ;)
Now there is no IsTrailingActive( ) function.

I do not want to have auto matic trailing stop in my code, I want it to be optional and use it on special situations which can not be programmed.

icm63:
RickD wrote:
Now there is no IsTrailingActive( ) function.

I do not want to have auto matic trailing stop in my code, I want it to be optional and use it on special situations which can not be programmed.

My question again :

BUT.. how can I turn my code off when and if I decide to start a trailing stop loss from the MT4 menu manually. Is there a function that recognises that a MT4 menu fired trailing stop is running on a particular order...???

icm63:
I am wrting some code to move my stop loss to breakeven after certain number of x pips profits has been secured.

Hi icm63, can u share with me the code on how to move the stoploss to breakeven?.

icm63:

What does this do, can it help me ???

bool IsTradeAllowed( )
Returns TRUE if the expert is allowed to trade and a thread for trading is not occupied, otherwise returns FALSE.

extern string Trailing_Stop_is_On/Off= "1: On / 0.Off" ;

extern bool Run_Trailing_Stop=1 ;// Run_Trailing_Stop is a Global variable

int start() {

switch( Run_Trailing_Stop){

case 1 : for(i=0; i<= OrdersTotal() ; i++) // Trailing stop runs here
{
OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && // check for opened position
OrderSymbol()==Symb ) // check for symbol
{
if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) // long position is opened
{
// check for trailing stop
if(TrailingStop>0)
{
if(Bid-OrderOpenPrice()>Point*TrailingStop)
{
if(OrderStopLoss()<Bid-Point*TrailingStop)
{
OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Bid-Point*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Green);
return(0);
}
}
}
}
else // go to short position
{
if(TrailingStop>0)
{
if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask)>Point*TrailingStop)
{
if((OrderStopLoss()>Ask+Point*TrailingStop) || (OrderStopLoss()==0))
{
OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Ask+Point*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Red);
return(0);
}
}
}
}
// Trailing Stop

case 0: for(i=0; i<= OrdersTotal() ; i++)
{
OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && // check for opened position
OrderSymbol()==Symb ) // check for symbol
{
if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) // long position is opened
{

if(TrailingStop>0) return ; // Trailing stop don't run here

}}}

} // End of switch

} // End of start

P.S : Note that The Code of Trailing Stop take on this site don't now .If you have an other one I need it .Thanks

osirel:

P.S : Note that The Code of Trailing Stop take on this site don't now .If you have an other one I need it .Thanks

Two points . . .

if you are going to post code: please use the SRC button to post code: How to use the SRC button.

please do not dredge up 6 year old threads unless you have a very good reason . . . the users in this thread are probably long gone.

Thread start date - 2006.12.10