problem with parabolic.mq4

When I compile and run the sample source code for parabolic SAR indicator that is supplied with the MetaQuotes trading platform,
and compare the output with the preprogrammed indicators in the navigator window, I get two different sets of numbers and arrows on
the chart. Does anybody have the correct source for this indicator? I want to make a few modifications and use it as an iCUSTOM function.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike

Do you want to use the Parabolic SAR as an Expert advisor? A freind of mine and me have modified the details given by MQL and wrote an Expert advisor which works on the Parabolic SAR.

If you know anything about programming, we battle to write an expert advisor which works on a Stochastic indicator. Do you have any idea how to get that done?

Regards
Mathys

mathys:
Hi Mike

Do you want to use the Parabolic SAR as an Expert advisor? A freind of mine and me have modified the details given by MQL and wrote an Expert advisor which works on the Parabolic SAR.

If you know anything about programming, we battle to write an expert advisor which works on a Stochastic indicator. Do you have any idea how to get that done?

Regards
Mathys

Hi Mathys,

I would like to see what you have done using the Parabolic.
I was trying to mod the internal code for the indicator, however it does not work properly as written.
I am refering to the source code supplied with MQL4 lanuage.
The iSAR function works great.

I may be able to offer some help with the Stochastic code. Send me what you are trying to do, and I will
see if it is within my abilities!

Thanks for your response,
Mike

CaptainVideo wrote >>
Hi Mathys,

I would like to see what you have done using the Parabolic.
I was trying to mod the internal code for the indicator, however it does not work properly as written.
I am refering to the source code supplied with MQL4 lanuage.
The iSAR function works great.

I may be able to offer some help with the Stochastic code. Send me what you are trying to do, and I will
see if it is within my abilities!

Thanks for your response,
Mike

Mike,

I am currently trying to use the iSAR function in my code and am getting a discrepency in the value my code is generating and the value the parabolic sar shows on my chart. The difference is usually 18 pips and I swear i've tried everything. Have you had any success in getting the values to match? My stops use 3 different values for the iSAR (the step values range from .01 -- .03), and this set back is really killing me. Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Pat

Value returned in Journal

2009.05.22 13:50:13 2007.12.27 16:30 Code Test EURUSD,H1: PSAR1= 1.4497

Value on Chart is 1.4479

calling sar in code...

PSAR1 = iSAR(0, 0, .02, .2, 0);

I'm sure these inputs match the inputs on my chart

Thanks again

FXpipclash wrote >>

Mike,

I am currently trying to use the iSAR function in my code and am getting a discrepency in the value my code is generating and the value the parabolic sar shows on my chart. The difference is usually 18 pips and I swear i've tried everything. Have you had any success in getting the values to match? My stops use 3 different values for the iSAR (the step values range from .01 -- .03), and this set back is really killing me. Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Pat

Value returned in Journal

2009.05.22 13:50:13 2007.12.27 16:30 Code Test EURUSD,H1: PSAR1= 1.4497

Value on Chart is 1.4479

calling sar in code...

I'm sure these inputs match the inputs on my chart

Thanks again

Hey John,

This is probably a long-shot, but I assume that you know that SAR can redraw on the current candle if price passes over the starting value? So the opening SAR value on the zero bar does not have to be the same as the close value.

- Tovan

tovan wrote >>

Hey John,

This is probably a long-shot, but I assume that you know that SAR can redraw on the current candle if price passes over the starting value? So the opening SAR value on the zero bar does not have to be the same as the close value.

- Tovan

Tovan,

I am aware of that and was expecting it so I went ahead and used the shift function to shift back and check older values and they were still off.

FXpipclash:

Tovan,

I am aware of that and was expecting it so I went ahead and used the shift function to shift back and check older values and they were still off.

I'm having this exact problem. Did you ever find a solution?

FXpipclash:

I know this guy might not be around any more, but if someone finds this old thread and is looking for the solution:

PSAR1 = iSAR(0, 0, 0.02, 0.2, 0);

That fixes it. (Kudos to Ruptor!)