Writing MQ4 indicator

Hi everyone,

I can't find a complete tutorial about programming in MQ4. Do you know any ?

I don't understand the use of Bars, IndicatorCounted, etc. Why must I do a loop in the start function while I only have to compute -ONE- dot each time start() is called (for each tick) ?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Hi stringo,

Well, this example does not answer my questions. When is the start() function called ? At each new bar that must be drawn on the screen ?
What do I find in Bars() ? All the history bars of the chart or just the bars that are currently visible on screen ?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi

can anyone help to add just 1 more moving average (perhaps: MediumMA) in the existing 2MA crossover e-mail alert in the attachment ?

Thanks a lot.

Files:
3ma.txt  9 kb

Mark53:

thana8106:
can anyone help to add ...
No Slaves here, learn to code or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you.

Mark53:
Hi everyone,

I don't understand the use of Bars, IndicatorCounted, etc. Why must I do a loop in the start function while I only have to compute -ONE- dot each time start() is called (for each tick) ?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Creation of Custom Indicators explains all about Bars, IndicatorCounted() etc. You don't have to use a loop in the start function if you don't need one.

thana8106:

Hi

can anyone help to add just 1 more moving average (perhaps: MediumMA) in the existing 2MA crossover e-mail alert in the attachment ?

Thanks a lot.

Yes, I can have a job open now at Jobs MA Confluence Indicator

where i placed already 1 more moving average inside with allerting when it cross

working on finishing touch before ending the job

you can get it also with explanation if you prepare to pay the same...