MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 420

Hi friends, I'm going to do a backtest on my EA using the strategy tester and simultaneously I've put my EA on a demo account to check its operation for the purpose of doing forward test. Now I'd like to analyze the operation of my EA by exporting the detail of the trades existing in the trade...
Hi Is there a way to fire an event when the user manually draws (or changes an existing) either a trend line or horizontal line on the chart? I find doing a for loop over ObjectTotal() inside the OnTick() is too much CPU effort for this task. Thanks
I want to read a csv file on internet.. currently I download it and read it from there, but is there a way to read the file from the internet without downloading it?
Hi The below code gives the error "structure have objects and cannot be copied" any suggestions on how to get it working?   class Line {   public:      string name;      double value;  };   int OnInit() {    Line lines[];   proccessAllLines(lines);      return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); }void...
I have MetaEditor version 5 build 1601. I like to have a keyboard shortcut for the Compile button instead of reaching for the mouse. Any suggestions? Thanks
The indicator sets a number of candles to come in favor ex: you want 3 candles of the same color and when you reach the candle 2 it opens an alert. I want to change to open an alert in place of candles of the same color alternating candles. Ex: original indicator: green - green - alert - Green *....
[Deleted]
  Molanis Mistake Anyone?  (35   1 2 3 4)
Init Rant: I made the terrible mistake of going to the Molanis forum and actually asking some questions about their product. It turns out that asking simple questions about their product, gets your post removed by the Administrator for making "commercial announcements." I thought that was
Hey, so this is what I have so far: void OnTick(void)  {  openedpositions=OrdersTotal();   if ((openedpositions > 0))       {    int totalorders = OrdersTotal();      for(int i=0;i<totalorders;i++) // scan all orders and positions. ..      {      OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS);   if (...
Hi This code failed to print out the price where the horizontal line is drawn, instead it is reporting 0. Any idea how to fix it?  Thanks void OnTick()  {//---int obj_total=ObjectsTotal();for(int i=0;i<obj_total;i++)   string name=ObjectName(i);        int objectType = ObjectType(name);   double p =...
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a possibility to import orders (in particular sell limit and buy limit orders) into mt4 using Excel or from an external PHP page. It will be good also through a plugin. Thanks
Hi everyone, I usually use Average True Range Histogram Color for trading. Now I want use this indicator with other symbol 's parameter in current chart. For example: My current chart is "gbpusd" symbol but Indicator window show ATR histogram of "eurusd" symbol. Or My chart is "USDJPY" but ATR...
[Deleted]
Can anyone help with this code, it compiles and 'works', but only draws the lines when time frames are changed, #property copyright "Coded by Manic Miner"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 0#property indicator_plots   0input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES TimeFrame=PERIOD_M1;input...
I want to convert an EA from MT5 to MT4, the EA works best on some of the non-standard Time Frames, Is there a way to get these non standard TF data in MT4, I found in the documentation it says you can use them in offline charts only(int MQL4)... Is there a workaround for this? Thanks in advance..
  How to  (4)
Hello, I  am using Metatrader 4 I want to be able to do the following: If I draw some lines on a FOREX pair (let's assume we are talking about EURUSD) When I open another 3 charts of EURUSD I want the same lines to be drawn in the new charts too. How can this be accomplished ? Thanks
Greetings, I am trying to figure out how to get the price of a horizontal line.E.g. my program is to iterate through all horizontal lines and collect their pricesI.e. int obj_total=ObjectsTotal(); for(int i=0;iobj_total;i++){ if(ObjectType(name)==OBJ_HLINE){//obtaining the price of the line ??? }...
Is there a better‘formula’ in MQL4 to know if the EA is executing on a 4 digit broker or in a 5digit broker?   int digits = (int) MarketInfo("EURUSD", MODE_DIGITS);//digits is expected to be 5 in 5 digits brokers, and 4 in 4 digits brokers
This code is evaluates to true if there is a trend line but not with horizontal line which is what I want as well. How can it be fixed to allow both?  Thanks void OnTick()  {   int obj_total=ObjectsTotal();   for(int i=0;i<obj_total;i++)     {      string name=ObjectName(i);...
I tried to make RCI (Rank Correlation Index) indicator with updown color (file: RCI in Color). Based on the file "RCI_1Line," by using iCustom. Though there are no errors in Meta Editor, it does not draw any lines on my chart. Does anybody help to solve this problem? I 'm just a beginner learing...
Hello, I 'm looking at an expert based on the High over last 10 Bars (H1) I want to calculate the Low since last High was touched Here's what I did but the problem is it gives me the Low since a time equal to the beginning of the Bar where the High was hit and what I want is the exact time when the...
Hi, I have a compiled indicator. When the indicator is in use I can see in the data window 19 values that I would intercept with the iCustom function in my EA. Is there a way to do this?
Hey guys so last year I developed an EA to automatically take trades for me. My strategy works very well as long as you know how to read price trends. Anyways as you can tell my code is quite basic and I only knew enough to code this EA since my strategy is real easy to understand. So now I would...
  Why Does This Code Work?  (12   1 2)
'New_Experts' obtains its value from 'Quantity', which obtains its value from 'Experts'... So how can 'New_Experts' and 'Experts' ever have a different value, therefore allowing the condition 'if (Experts!=New_Experts)' to return true?...
Hi everyone, my VPS was working fine. And lately it turns off by itself or stay pending. I start it and turn green. And then few minutes after it goes off. Did anyone already got this issue ? And know where the problem can be ? Thank you for your help !
Hello all third time I post here and need urgent help. It is possible to add 2 datetime if I use of int Year,Month,Day,Hour,Min,Sec. examples of 2 datetime first has setup the all extern int to 2018 for year, 05 for month, 15 for days, 02 for hours 22 for min and 0 for sec and I want to know if I...
Hi, I am trying to code a user defined function in which I would like to calculate the required lot size of the last martingale order in a cycle to achieve breakeven on certain price , upon reversal. For example, Buy orders 0, 1,2, and 3 were already opened while the price going down. Now, I want to...
  Firebird EA  (706   1 2 3 4 5 ... 70 71)
Firebird v0.65 EA. M30 timeframe. 4 main pairs
Hi guys, I have an indicator that exports historical price data to csv files. I'm not much of a coder and am having trouble with this. What I'd really, really appreciate it would be if someone would be able to help where and how to put a loop in the indicator, details are as follows: 1. The
Is using object pointers when creating a graphical panel(using CDialog .mqh), slows down the platform
I came across this solution while searching for trendline strategies.  https://www.iexpertadvisor.com/metatrader-mql-course-module-13-using-a-trendline-in-an-expert-advisor/ But I am having a slight issue with the code and I do not know why the problem exist. The logic of the code seems correct. I...
  DLL and mql4  (3)
Hi all I have created a DLL that reads the data in a text file on the server and everything works correctly. Now I want to split the URL in the DLL and pass part of the path as an input parameter in my mql code but it does not work. my DLL is: extern "C" { __declspec(dllexport) int