MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1571

[Deleted]
  Holy grail exists?  (14   1 2)
Hello all, I am a beginner in MQL, but I just have one question to start. Is there such thing as profitable EA, aka Holy Grail ? I am trying to find some motivations before starting to work on it
Hi, Please help me to find out why these codes get "too many opened files" error. ...     for (Counter=0;Counter<OrdersTotal();Counter++)     { OrderSelect(Counter, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);       if (OrderOpenTime()>New_Order_Time)        {...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I'm having trouble with my EA while live testing. I've placed an EA on a demo account for live testing. The thing is that I had to change a couple of things in it while the EA was working and when I compiled it the EA ignored the existing data. For ie I had 5 pending orders and 5 was the...
  Common Expert  (3)
i have a 4 metatrader Platfrom(sample fxdd,fxcm...). i want to common directory (expert,script,indikator ...). How do common directory. example 1. programfiles\fxdd\expert 2. programfiles\fxcm\expert 3. programfiles\interbankfx\expert i wan to a expert path programfiles\commonexpert...
Hello, I am looking for some help to fix an indicator. Basically the problem I have is that the "Fisher" indicator onthe bottom of the attached zip file does not update very well when it is left to run. If you switch to another chart timeframe then go back it updates the Indicator all right. All the...
Hello, Can someone tell me how can I export historical data from Meta Trader 4 to a file? I just need a simple script/function that get a symbol-name, timeframe, start-date, end-date and outputs the data to a new file in some readable format. Thanks
[Deleted]
I know this is a stupid question, but I'm really new at this. I apologize in advance for being dumb. My automatic trading program issued a buy about two hours before the broker closed down for the weekend (at least I think that's what happened). Do I have to keep my computer on all weekend with...
[Deleted]
Can someone tell me how to code for a certain start time for placing orders, but not have stop time for closing. I want to stop out only at profit target, or stop loss, Thanks
[Deleted]
  programmer with a minimum of garantee  (93   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I have been creating my strategy for quite some time. Now it is time to implement it and the terms of reference are ready. I'm willing to pay for the services of an experienced programmer with minimum guarantees of non-disclosure. It would be very interesting to hear about experiences or ideas forum
  ru translate  (3)
mainLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,a); prevMainLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,a+1); signalLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,a); prevSignalLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,a+1); if(prevMainLine<prevSignalLine...
[Deleted]
  profitability 43!  (325   1 2 3 4 5 ... 32 33)
Bars in history 617733 Simulated ticks 2576426 Simulation quality 25.00% Chart mismatch errors 0 Initial deposit 1000.00 Net profit 4870996.26 Total profit 4985180.01 Total loss -114183.75 Profitability 43.66 Expectation of winning 530.38 Absolute drawdown 0.00 Maximum drawdown 5919.00 (0.21%)
[Deleted]
Hello, Friends, I accidentally (don't know how) deleted the Alligator indicator and can't figure out how to get it back. Can you help me? Thanks . . . dragonmom
[Deleted]
  Get File Modification Time?  (18   1 2)
Hi All I have an expert which reads data from a external file and executes trades based on the information inside this file, I don't want my expert to open and read this file on every tick. does anyone know how to use any windows DLL ( likes shell32.dll or kernel32.dll) to query the last...
[Deleted]
Hi, I found one very nice indicator on the Internet. However I have no .mq4 sources of it, so I don't know exectly how it calculates the data... I want to write EA, which will trade according to this indicator. How can I access the data of the indicator from source code of my AE? To answer my...
[Deleted]
So, the topic says it all. Write to the programmers with a portfolio only. either here or on ICQ: 199940365
[Deleted]
Hi Every One Please I need set of codes to be used in a script that will place multiple orders
[Deleted]
Would anyone know if there is any existing script/EA which can enter a batch of 'at market' orders all in one go? As the 16 crosses do not change there would only be 2 variables per symbol - * long/short * order size (which may be the same for all symbols) Doing this by hand takes forever! Any...
Dear MQL4 Admin, I have plan to write a book for MT4 and MQL4 tutorial in Indonesian and publish it in my country. The content will be : 1. How to use MetaTrader4, with pictures. 2. How to create an Indicator, Script and Expert Advisor. 3. Reference - MQL4 Functions. I can guarantee that the content...
New article A Non-Trading EA Testing Indicators is published: All indicators can be divided into two groups: static indicators, thedisplaying of which, once shown, always remains the same in history anddoes not change with new incoming quotes, and dynamic indicators thatdisplay their status for the...
[Deleted]
I'd like to start making my own fucntions to cut down on the size of my programs.  I found some good information on how to make a function that will be called from the same file, but no info on how to call a function that is located in a seperate file.  Can I call a seperate .mq4 file for this,...
[Deleted]
Hi, I had written a scripts to run at a fix interval (say execute every 5sec), and I sometimes I may need to change the external parameter for the script. It seems to me that it is not allowed to recall the window for the external parameters after the script is launched. For EA, we can press F7 to...
What is the code to calculate the lowest margin and the highest margin on which date and time tht it occur? It should display something like example below on the chart: Lowest margin: ??% on 01.02.2008 Highest margin: ??% on 01.05.2008
[Deleted]
This newbie is new to this program however not new to Forex. I have tried and tried with no luck to get the program to recognize my FAPS as Activated. I called the Customer Service Number Yesterday during the open times and left a message however have not heard back. Does anyone know how to get...
[Deleted]
Hi My EA works per MA direction, but I want my trade trade only 1 time when MA in one direction before next changing direction of MA. I do not know how to stop issue new order after 1 closed oder. I write a program as below, but it does not work! Is anyone can help? bool iftrade2=true; int count=0;...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I wrote this last night, but somehow it failed to post I think, so excuse me if this turns up twice somewhere. I am not new to the Forex, but am relatively new to Automated Trading, what I need to do is automate a few trading strategies that I have developed over the last 6-7 months that to...
[Deleted]
Hi, I tried setting up emails on the MT4 platform manytimes but it just will not send out emails... It just keeps on under the journal, Mail Error connecting to....... Does anyone know the solution. All email parameters are correct. Thank you, Sf
Hi, I just saw MT4 behaving very strange. When parsing a CSV-file of integers without an empty line at the end of the file, it keeps looping with 99% CPU. The file: 38974 ; 293847 293874 ; 39847 942387 ; 94387 the file is read correctly till FileReadNumber() gets to the very last value (94387)
[Deleted]
Dear Fellow Traders Please, how do I ensure that in an EA, not more than N number of trades is opened in a single bar once my set of conditions is met. Thank you all for your ealier replies. Rosh, Thanks a lot for those helpuful answers.
[Deleted]
Good Morning...because I want to learn the language mql, I can not find some resources in Italian. Could you help me on this?. Thanks.
I am trying to open and Bollinger Band in the indicator window #1. When I try to drop and drag it always jumps tp the main window. I would like to open the BB in the indicator window and overlay a MA. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank You!