MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1493

[Deleted]
Is it possible to attach an EA to an 1H chart and then use earlier time periods (30M, 15M, 5M) to confirm the formation of buy/sell signals? If so how could this be done?
[Deleted]
Looking forward to reading a bit.
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to compare current AccountEquity() with AccountEquity() at a specific time in the past (say 12 hours ago). How can I code that? sp
Can someone help me with why my indicator does not supply data for the first bar on my chart. I suspect it has something to do with my array but I cannot figure why the data is delayed one bar.
Hello, i would like to know some opinions about an indicator with these features could work well on stock markets.
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I would be very pleased if anyone could explain me wether I can place one EA on the same account from different locations, howere EA should trade as there is trading only one robot thus not opening two positions when there is an order and only opening one etc. etc. Idea behind this...
  is this right ?  (2)
the explain for orderstoploss(): Returns stop loss value for the currently selected order. I assume that orderstoploss, orderlot, orderopenprice, ordertakeprofit are set to 0 on defualt then we set the function when we using ordersend() function OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lot,Ask,0,Bid-stop*Point...
[Deleted]
I am new in MetaTrader. As i discovered two nice indicators, i saved them to my desktop. I find them on the homepage under "Articles / Trading Systems / Indicator Taichi - a Simple Idea of Formalizing the Values of Ichimoku Kinko Hyo. The two indicators are : Cronex DeMarker.mq4 and Cronex Taichi...
Hello, I find very interesting the Denmark indictator posted here 'Mouteki-Demark trend new' Unfortunately there is no documentation on it and I cannot read he code. Does anybody care to explain how to use it and waht the messages displays on the upper left corner mean? Thank you for any help you...
[Deleted]
Quick question. For simplicity I've avoided normalizing or converting to strings the Ask and Bid variables on the following grounds. All I'm doing is moving Ask or Bid into another double variable, then later doing a compare of Ask or Bid against that variable. No arithmetic operations are done on
Hi, If you still have some time.... I would really appreciate if you could convert this one... I have been trading the attached Ichimoku system very successfully at CMS/VT Trader, I have used it more as an indicator and entered trades manually. I would like to swich to MT4 and have this baby...
  Pairs Trading  (3)
I would like to know you if there's a way to geton the same chart a ratiobetween the pairs ( for example eurusd / gbpusd ) ? Thanks
[Deleted]
Ciao a tutti, cerco uno sviluppatore MQL4 per cercare di mettere in piedi un trading system basato su una mia particolare analisi tecnica. Attendo contatti. Grazie Paolo
Hi, I was wondering is there a way to find (program to find) all brokers on your system that is installed? I'm C# programmer, and I was trying to find paths in Windows regisry and I made that happened, but after new install of Meta Trader demo platform (different broker) that information is...
[Deleted]
Hello MQL Programmer, my friend shows me some code that i don't really familiar.. here's the chunk of code: bool foundPosition = TotalOpenPosition != 0; bool check = foundPosition * (TotalOpenPosition == 0); Anybody have idea how to intepret/understand this code correctly ?? it's kinda weird for me
[Deleted]
Request MQL4 API ObjectShow( string name); Action: perform Object List "Show" function, frame (locate) desired object in chart I have many clients that use MT4 both as an analysis platform and a trade debrief platform. I have created a script that allows windows of a Symbol() to besynced to the...
  Multi monitor  (1)
Hello, I am looking for a simple monitor (EA) which shows buy or sell signals on multiple charts and multiple time frames. This is forming a grid as shown below with Pairs in columns and time frame in rows. I have seen such tool but am not able to find it now. Can some one help me finding this....
[Deleted]
  cannot find info  (3)
Hello, I need to be able to understand the jargon,or terminology,when I am looking at the charts.I have been to 'Help'but I did not get too much out of it. Where should I go?It's obvious I am a complete newby! qqxp888
[Deleted]
Hello again, I have an indicator here, only I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here or not, so here goes: #property copyright "Support and Resistance none" #property link "nourl" #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Red...
Hi, I find very interesting the Denmark indictoe you posted 'Mouteki-Demark trend new' could you please explain how to use it?
[Deleted]
I asked people to create an EA for me with tft arrow ( a modified version of gann_hilo indicator ) having entries & exits at the very arrows & no opposit order at anytime that is any entry signal close the previous order. The ea works well but during narrow movements it buy the top & sell the bottom...
  help programming  (1)
hi everyone I have a question for you, I would like to create a EA that will open max 1 order on every currency, but that can open many position on different currency. ex: never more than 1 position on eur-usd, but the EA could open 1 position on eur-usd, 1 on gbp usd, 1 on usdchf.... or if it's...
[Deleted]
I dont know why, but I have downloaded so many of these ea's in the library and move them to my expert folder and none of them ever make any trades on the strategy tester. I have tried using all the different bar selections like every tick and only close prices and such. They never make a single...
[Deleted]
Can someone help explain to me how to I can create a "grid" of orders to be placed but based on indicators? Can I write math to calculate certain prices to use as entry points? Thanks..... Dan
[Deleted]
Hi, I have searched the forum for this problem but found no workable solution: When my EA (on a live account) encounters an 'Old Tick' error (for closing all market and pending orders at a specific time),the EA simply stops working and does not re-try until I manually intervene(typicaly several hrs...
[Deleted]
Good day to everyone! I've been using the tester strategy to make optimization for last two days. Obviously, PC slowed down while calculating; but now it is still very slow (BTW I hear the HD running continuosly...) while using MetaTrader4 and I'm not using any optimization or EA. Does anyone know...
[Deleted]
Okay here's the order execution code from my EA, the problem I'm having is that it only seems to open orders in the direction I put first in the code... So for this code it only opens short positions, however if I swap the Buy and Sell orders around it opens long and not short positions. I just get...
[Deleted]
  Why does 4/6 = 0  (11   1 2)
Okay anytime I divide anything like 4/6 or 5/8 i get 0. Does MQL4 automatically round fractions down to 0? This is a real pain because I need to base my buy orders on a number between 0 and 1. Basically I'm assigning each indicator a weighting, adding up the weightings for buy/sell signals and then...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I'm PatriotStef the new guy, thanks for accepting me. I basically know nothing about MQL4, but I do know QBASIC and HTML - so whether that means anything, I'm not sure. I will learn MQL4, of course. Has anyone here ever heard of the ICWR phenomenon? It uses Fibonacci levels and it...
[Deleted]
Hi there, is there a way to build an indicator that draws a line for each tick? if not possible, how to draw a candle (open,high,low,close) in the indicator window best regards