MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1420

[Deleted]
  dll and array  (13   1 2)
Could someone please post a sample of passing an array to a dll and then proccesing it within the dll. I ubnderstand how to pass the dll, but I am confused about using the array within the dll. Thanks.
[Deleted]
  Damn Error 130 to Hell  (38   1 2 3 4)
Anyone know why I would be getting the 130 error, I've made sure my SL is wide enough and that it is on the right side of the market (i.e. below for a buy). Any help would be much appreciated and a big relief* sigh if(BUYING) { if(stoploss > 0) //SL is set to 35 realSL = Ask - (stoploss * Point);
Hi, For example, I code an ea set Buy_limit order on current bar and 4 pips below the open price, If price retrace 4pips then order will get filled. Some times, price move so fast,, and order never get fill. So i would like to cancel the pending order and the next bar start.. Can any one give me...
[Deleted]
Please forgive me if I already posted this question. I thought I posted it last night, but now I can find no trace of it. In a chart window I have an 18 period Average True Range line. Then I drug a moving average into that indicators window and set the parameters for the MA as follows: period =...
Hi, i am new in this community and on mql4 also. I am looking for a possibility to check the trend of 4, 8 or more consecutive periods following after trade opening. Has somebody an idea how it can be realised
  Quick Question  (10)
Hey Guys, new member, been writing in MQL4 for a few weeks know and have a quick question: Originally started my code on a 4 digit broker and for TP calculation have ACCTTP = Ask + (take profit * point) (take profit = 100) switch to 5 digit broker and it shifts it back to 10 (which I understand...
Hi everyone, my issue is well summarized in the title of the topic. I would like to be able to declare a table of variable size according the configuration before launching the EA. Now I am using #define WINDOW 20 ... int tab[WINDOW] But I would like to be able to modify this size with an extern...
[Deleted]
Is this string preventing a second order from opening? Total = OrdersTotal(); //Check position bool IsTrade = False; for (int i = 0; i < Total; i ++) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if(OrderType() <= OP_SELLSTOP && OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) { IsTrade =...
I have been doing Forex for a while now with consitent wins and profits. Therefore, I can say that you should listen if you are not making money. And here it is: While you losers are afraid of losing money and trying to save money, I am making money. If you are not ready to make money, don't play....
[Deleted]
I need ECN support added to an EA I have. So the paramater should be called ECNSupport. if ECNSupport = TRUE (open all orders with 0.0000 TP and 0.0000 SL) then modify order immediately after with the right TP and SL settings from my set parameters . if ECNSupport = FALSE (open all orders with
[Deleted]
How do you call EUR/USD, EUR/CHF. EUR/JPY pairs all together? "Euro Pairs" "cross Eur"? Also, how do you call "USD/JPY". "EUR/USD", "USD/CHF" pairs all together? "Straight Dollars"? Is "EUR/USD" considered to be "straight USD pairs" and not "cross Eur pairs"
[Deleted]
Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for some good tutorials to start learning about dynamic link libraries (dlls), and the advantages they offer MT4 by using dlls?
Hi guys, Sorry for my noob question, but I have a problem with Fxcbs - MetaTrader. I created a Demo account with virtual money, I'm joined to Demo server. I attached the test MACD_Sample to the chart. I set allow live trading without manual confirmation. The EA is not working, it don't sell or buy....
With some pairs of currencies historical data are missing over several months. From where could I refer these?
Hi, I am trying to get the highest and lowest readings of an indicator for a specific number of past bars, to be more specific, the highest and lowest reading of ATR over the past 30 days on the M30 timeframe. Can someone help me figure that one out. Thanks,
[Deleted]
  I give up  (3)
Hi all, I have tried lots of possibilities without sucess. I am almost get crazy. Once again I need your help. I do not have any problem on starting and making an ea work. The only problem I have is when for some reason I must stop it and there are open trades (for instance a VPS is restarted). I...
[Deleted]
Hi, My live account traded with expert advisor at 10.53 couple days ago. I tried to replicate that trade in tester, but with no luck. Tested didn't show any trades that day. I started tester with if (Minutes() < 52) return (-1); Is there something I'm missing? Can please somebody explain to me...
For some reason, the CPU seems to be on overdrive after I modified an indicator. There are complex segments and I would probably need to write the code in a better way. But in general, I want to know how the past indicator values are read - whether by calculation or by internal memory. To give an...
[Deleted]
How does MT4's strategy tester handle price action within each bar, if you test using "open prices only"? For instance, I have the hourly bar below: O: 1.4400 H: 1.4460 L: 1.4300 C: 1.4400 and I buy on the open @ 1.4400 with a SL @ 1.4350 + a TP @ 1.4450. Both limit orders can be filled at some...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Can anyone help me on solving a problem I have...my lack or knowledgment on programming cannot help me :o). I need to get information about open orders. Basically I need to know what is the total profit of the last open trade for a specific currency pair. Imagine for instance that I have 6...
Here's one: http://www.ircforex.com/chat/ How about posting one you find useful?
Hi, MT4 In the 2 EAs I am using, as well as live trades mady by myself, the StopLoss and the Trailing Stop Loss are being comletely ignored and usually go well past these points I have set resulting in a significantly higher loss that I have them set for....
[Deleted]
I have a template with 5 EX4 files that was developed using varengoldfx metatrader 4 platform. works perfectly. (varengold uses 4 digits) I tried using the same template and EX4 files on Tradeview which uses 5 digits. I get some intermittent lockups and waiting for update. Does anyone have any...
[Deleted]
  i need help pls  (1)
I have an EA that has be coded with my acct no but ll like to edit (change the acct no). Pls how will i do it. Is there MOL4 editor or reader i can use? cause i know nothing about MOL4...
[Deleted]
Ok folks, apologies for posting something which, although related to the markets, isn't about MQL4 programming. I expect some of you will have already seen this, but for those that haven't, its well worth watching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKSkaQoF_I CB
[Deleted]
This is an error I'm getting in the jornal for a USD/JPY backtest, can I use Normalize Double on the Bid or Ask to get around this error and have a normal quote (95.08). Any other suggestions? Thanks, FXPC
[Deleted]
Hi, How to plot a 0.5ATR, 3ATR and 4ATR channel on the screen? Thank you source: https://www.lbrgroup.com/images//Linda%20Paris%20on%20Trade%20Management/TradeManagement.ppt Relationship between targets & stops with random entries •Stop and reverse off randomly generated trade points yields a 50%...
[Deleted]
  Help! Please!  (4)
I would like to take the buy and sell signals of an uncompiled indicator and use them in an EA. The indicator produces Lime arrows pointing up for a buy signal and Red arrows pointing down for a sell signal. Is it possible to extract enough information from the indicator without having the...
I need to get some data from lower TF's in my indicator, I thoght ArrayCopySeries or iHigh / iLow would be the way too do it in MT but Im only geting old (64 hours) M1 data and a fantastically informative error message (4055 -> Custom indicator error) (Geting data from higher TF's this way works...
Hi all I just downloaded an indicator in .mq4 format But it doesn't show up in the indicator list in the navigator window after compilation Any ideas ?