MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1334

[Deleted]
Hello, when applying an EA to a chart and then changing timeframe for chart, EA is removed from prev. chart and reapplied to chart with new timeframe. when i apply an EA to USDJPY 5 min, i need the EA kept exactly on this chart. How to prevent switching EA when switching timeframe ? thank you
[Deleted]
Dear all, I need your help on a code that allows me to know what is the first openned trade. i.e. Assuming we have 5-6 trades open, how can I know what was the first of them that was openned? Sorry for my English Regards Paulo
Is there any way to get indicator name suppose i have MACD.mq4 indicator and i want to print its name i.e. "MACD.mq4" is it possible? is there any variable or any function? thanks
I want to know how many indicators are applied in a chart. For example i have 2 custom indicators. ind1 and ind2 if i apply first indicator then it should print "no of indicators 1" and if i again apply second indicator it should print "no of indicators 2" is it possible. please suggest me......
Ok. Here's my scenario. I have built my first EA successfully...it opens and closes trades. However, it does this based on instructions it obtains from my first Custom Indicator. (using "iCustom()" function) ok...everything seems to be working, but when I back test using the Strategy tester, I get...
[Deleted]
I am looking for help from a coder. I have attached an indicator that identifies gaps. Currently it draws arrows on the screen which can get a bit messy. Would it be possible to change the code so that it draws a rectangle box inside the gap area. Any help would be appreciated.
[Deleted]
dear traders, this may sound like a stupid question, but here goes: if i had a trading stratergy that was %50 winners and %50 losses, traded 0.1 lots all the way, started with $1000, and finished with $1200 or kept on increasing lots traded with every winning trade, would my...
[Deleted]
dear traders, I am addicted to forex. are any of you? how many hours per week do you spend studying it? are you obssesed? how many years have you been studying it are we all here for the same reason? to get filthy rich ? anyone got rich from it yet? how long did it take you? I read...
[Deleted]
hello I have been trying to write some EAs with a few different oscilliators, I used them separtely, I combined them and tried everything, but I always have the same problem. Some parts and days work fine, in these days a big profit would have been possible, but the the market situation changed...
Hello everybody, I need help because I don’t know mt4 encoding. I just need the 25% and 75% shown on this HighLow_Costum indicator. It only shows the 50% line. And if possible tags on the lines showing level and respective price. I appreciate your help.
[Deleted]
I'm trying to figure out how to store a value from my EA into a file, then retrieve it and reinsert it back into the EA. So that, in the event of a loss of connection, my EA would be able to resume calculations for trading without opening, unwanted, duplicate trades, due to a loss of it's values....
Hello, i am looking for the smartest way to draw a line (stopcurve) from within EA without coding an indicator for this. can anyone give a brief sample for this ? thank you
hi Below is my first own EA. Unfortunately I have some problems with it. How it should work: Every new (Daily)-Bar the EA should only set one sellstop and one buystop.  Prices, StopLoss and TakeProfit are all calculated by a formula using the High-,Low- and Close-Value of the privious day. Now I...
Is it possible in any way to use an expert advisor with metastock? Is there a way to reference data not in MetaTrader but another platform? Regards
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, is there anyone that can advise me on how to get a non expiring demo account? I'm currently testing some medium/long term automatic strategies, and I have to start everything from the beginning every time the demos expire, so that the results are almost useless. Regards Rob
[Deleted]
Fellow MT4 quants, I've been backtesting a sell version of a trending EA that I've developed for trading the EUR/USD on 5 minute bars . The timeframes for which I have optimized the EA and show a decent profit are 02-01-09 through 02-17-10 and 09-08-09 through 02-17-09. I was impressed that the EA...
[Deleted]
I'm working on an EA and need help with validating the next entry point. For example, if the MAs cross then I want to enter an order with certain take profit and stop loss levels (I can accomplish that part just fine). However, I don't want to enter another order on the next MA cross unless the...
[Deleted]
(EUR/USD) Pivot = 1.35948 Projected High 1.36570 Projected Low 1.35035 R1 1.36591 S1 1.35597 R2 1.36542 S2 1.34954 R3 1.37294 S3 1.34603 (U.S./JPY) Pivot = 89.96 Projected High 91.02 Projected Low 88.55 R1 90.93 S1 89.33 R2 91.56 S2 88.36 R3 92.19 S3 87.73 (GBP/USD) Pivot = 1.50978 Projected High
[Deleted]
I am really in desperate need of help... would greatly appreciate any. I am looking for Date, time and bar open and close, high, low for 5 min data for last 9 years (or at least 2-3 years if possible) for EURCHF, EURGBP, NZDUSD, EURUS, USDJPY and AUDCAD. pls help thanks (i'm willing to pay for the...
[Deleted]
I am using a call to an HMA indicator in an EA with the following statement: HMA1= iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"HMA",100,3,0,1,0); During the backtest I noticed a problem. Printing the values after every 5 minute bar shows large values for HMA. This is a sample result of the printout: 2010.03.07 14...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'am a beginner in MQL4 and Meta4. To orientate me in my intraday-trading I only need Bollinger Bands. My question: Is it possible to write a little feature in MQL4, who shows me all Averages of BB from different timeframes in the open frame? Example: Open is M15, in this frame I can also see...
Situation. You got your triger conditions saying trade just one last thing to check is the ask value or spread higher than normal? Reason for asking All of the code I have read uses the retrieved Ask value in the function Ordersend() Task Instead of using this ticks current Ask value would it be...
SELLING THE HOLY GRAIL . STRART PRICE OF 1 MILLION. DOL. FROM AUCTION. I retain copyright on the trading system and modified versions, as well as 50% of the profits from its use! No right to distribute! All interested please state your demands for what you would be willing to accept such
What is the maximum number of EA strategies you are allowed to run on a single chart and/or currency in MT4? I want to bet different timeframes and strategies per instrument. I was backtesting when I noticed my MT4 provided me with a dropdown menu of only 15 instruments available for me to backtest!...
[Deleted]
Hello. I am trying to trade a stock index CFD using a real stock index as a signal . But my MT4 does not quote the real index . Then I found a software called "Multi Quote Server". http://www.mtiqs.com/en/index.php It quotes a live data from other data feeds to an offline chart of MT4. I set it and...
[Deleted]
i am a new to MQL4.I wanted to send an automated buy trade whenever upper arrow comes and sell whenever down arrow comes Will it be possible to help me to develop an EA based on the following indicator? https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9276
Hi everone, I've started writing my first EA. It contains (although somewhat simple, yet still effective) money management, stop-trailing features and a simple trading criteria I added for testing purposes. (2 MA crosses). However, when I test the code, for the first 2 order it works ok, but later
  Programming this EA  (22   1 2 3)
I have an EA idea that may be good. How I would go around creating it, I don't know. Criterias: 1) Instead of betting big and risk losing large sums of money, I want an EA that bets small size lots only. REASON: Betting big will only tempt brokers and bankers to hunt your stoploss. They know your...
Hi guys, I'm just a beginner learning how to write indicators and EA, Now I'm trying to make my own by changing some scripts and parameter of the panca-eagle breakout indicator, but I'm now stuck since I don't know how to make the rectanglar boxes drawn through 00:00, I would like to set the time...
[Deleted]
Could anyone please create an EA for the following system. I have attached the indicators as well as the instruction manual for this system. Thank you. ============================================== Chart Setup: Zigzag (MT4) (15,5,3) Zigzag1 (custom) (100,75,15) Zigzag2 (custom) (34,5,3) Entry Rules...