MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1022

please i need help  (14   1 2)
my dear forum members please i had difficulties writing my ea in to dll can someone please help me with an example of writing simple dll for my EA,using C++ 2010 or pascal or clear example how to use dll contain in mql4 platform. especially writing indicator like MA OR BOLINGER BAND etc into dll....
[Deleted]
Hello, Friends, I have an EA that is running on one pair but sending orders for another pair. It is based on correlations with two pairs and then it trades their cross pair. The Strategy Tester does not allow to test such an EA. Is there any way how to overcome it? Thank you very much! Pavel
the question is like what i wrote on the title? everyone said just compile with 0 error and 0 warning then you'll get exe4 file in expert folder... but not even mql4 file exist but it show on the mt4 terminal and it can be used..(the ea) so what should i do? is it true its because i installed it in...
Lets say we place a Long order without stops. After a few minutes the price falls and it goes into deep drawdown. The price then settles a few hours later, and we want to place a SL on that old order that is far away both in time and price.....Can't do it ! Strange because I think I've done it...
  I need an help  (1)
hello all, I need to write a file from mq4 in tts (visual trader lenguage) for a test of the historic 20 years, does anyone know how can I do? Or you know how to import historical data (corrected) in mt4 tnx
  need coding help please  (39   1 2 3 4)
I need help please. I'm a newbie at coding, but have been trading forex for a loooooong time. With help from the "Expert Advisor Builder" I have constructed the attached EA, which works in testing. The problem is that it doesn't work when placed on several live charts. Because it uses a 4-hr test
I have my custom experts working on windows XP computer but when I tried to copy on to laptop with windows 7 the message "Access is Denied" comes up. It is probably in the program permissions area but that is outside my expertise unless someone can direct me please.
[Deleted]
Hi Guys. I have usually been able to see inside and outside bars easily on most charting programs and would like to do the same with mt4, but cant find any option to set this. Is it possible and how could I do this, hopefully without an indicator as I have a few already loaded on each chart, so
Hi All, I'm brand spanking new to these forums and have been loving the advanced + elite sections. This is my first request here and hoping it's actually doable. I have a setup using the regular CCI that comes with mt4 in the same window as the PriceTrender2 indicator found on these forums. What I...
Hi all, I'm looking for a developper guy, that can develop a EA with 3 indicators, a stochastic %k- 17,%d -3, slow -7, that detect if the stocastich is oversell or over bought between 80 and 20 lines... and i would have what to open entries when EWO indicator ghive a signal to enter! If any have
I think that being able to use excel to build strategies, analyzetrades and execute positions is a great way of trading without havingto use MQL4 and use shady EAs. What do you think?
Sometimes I have problems with drawing lines. In some Timeframes the lines are shiftes and I can't understand why. Can anybody see something wrong.? OpenTime0=TimeCurrent() - (TimeCurrent()%(PERIOD_D1 * 60)) +StartHour*60*60+(60*StartMinute);CloseTime0=TimeCurrent() - (TimeCurrent()%(PERIOD_D1 *...
[Deleted]
Friends, I am a newbie to mql4. But I know little programming in mql4. I need help in writing a code for the condition below. I want to identify the latest two consecutive bullish bars or bearish bars formation between 00.00 hrs to 08.00 hrs. Such bull/bear bar must be the one which is formed...
Hello, I am actually looking for a complete chart for the US dollar index and the Japanes index / future on mt4, which is realtime and can have loaded other indicators like moving averages, trend lines, possibly other sorts of indicators loaded. It is quiet discomfort to go to the websites who offer...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, I'm trying to learn MT4 programming, and this very moment I'm developing an PinBar detection indicator, which tells me to buy or sell. I developed this indicator especially for the 4 hour chart, because of the special rules for buy or sell. The rule for detection is as follows: Body of...
The performance graph and Balance/Equity. There is something that seems odd. On some EA's they plot quite separately. At other times there is no meaningful divergence. I cannot quite place my finger on what is different and why and when it does not graph in the same way. Just sometimes I am...
I am writing an EA to work with multiple pairs at same time. I attached the EA to EURUSD and the EA would do math on other 5 pairs as well. The problem I found was that: the history data in the other 5 pairs did not refresh, except EURUSD, because the EA was ONLY attached to EURUSD. My solution was...
I have an indicator in ex4 format that displays the following: -As a buy signal Underneath the last bar, it will display a red arrow pointing up. -As a sell signal Above the last bar, it will display a yellow arrow pointing down. I have attached a screenshot so you can see for yourself. What I...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys New here, so excuse if been asked before ;( been puzzled for while on how I can save the trade and account window size to the way i want it as everytime I shutdown mt4 it reverts to the default layout every colum evenly spaced from left to right in bottom of mt4 I have reduced the colums so...
int LOWt=0; int HIGHt=0; int y=iBarShift(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,1)); LOWt=iLowest(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,MODE_LOW,(y-1),(y-96)); HIGHt=iHighest(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,MODE_HIGH,(y-1),(y-96));Comment("\ny: "+(y)+"\nHigh"+High[HIGHt]+"\nLow"+Low[LOWt]); hi everybody this is simple...
[Deleted]
Hello, programmers, I wrote a simple EA that needs to work only the 4 hour chart. Would you please know how to determine the timeframe of the actual chart? Thank you very much! Pavel
I created a custom indicator that outputs a binary signal on whether to open a trade (0 for do nothing, 1 for open long, -1 for open short). When I attach it to a chart it works as expected and I see the blips of 1 and -1 in the expected locations. I then coded an EA to simply open a trade if the...
Can anyone explain why the following code does not seem to work in a custom indicator? int start() { int TestArray[]; TestArray[5]=99; Print("T: ",TestArray[5]); return(0); } For some reason it just prints "T: 0" as if the value 99 had never been assigned. What am I doing wrong?
I know that you can measure the difference in price betweenthe current price and moving average. And there are several other objects thatcan be used for this sort of calculation. But is there any form of a straight linethat can be used to measure this difference? In particular I'm working...
Hello everyone. I need some initial guidance on how to make MT4 grab signals (buy/sell/modify, set SL, set TP) from a chat and/or e-mail sent by a trader trading manually (not on MT4). I guess such a system should have a function to grab info from the chat/e-mail, write it to a file and MT4 can then...
[Deleted]
I would like to make the move from FXCM's Strategy Trader to MetaTrader. I have tried looking around for a resource to convert the Strategy Trader coding to MetaTrader but have not found what I'm looking for. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know if there is an online tool that...
  Indicator help  (4)
Dear friends           i have an ema indicator. its repaint            please help me.thanks.       code:#property copyright "Copyright © 2008, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property...
  Good EURUSD analysis site?  (25   1 2 3)
I know, this is not about coding, but does anyone know about a site that explains why certain changes have happend? And i don't mean something like: Today was a very bullish day ... the Euro continued its trend ... This i can see by my self ... but i want to know WHY significant changes are...
As you can see from the image, by at least a few points. There is no history paging, shifting or other nonsense. The pictures are simply obtained by scrolling. At first I thought it was just inaccuracy of plotting (+- pixel or something), but on the middle highlighted fragment the line is on
[Deleted]
Is it possible to have the chart of the brazilian future