General - page 744

I ve posted a similar request a while ago but  got no luck nobody responded not even admins!!! I am going to try again.... Could somebody help me on rewriting the index formulas for MT5 please... To create custom symbols for MT5 (Synthetic Instruments Formula) here is the link- https://www...
This is the single most important rule of trading but many traders pays least attention to this most of the time. Ready to know? The key to making money in financial markets is knowing at what point you are going to exit the running position(s). Basically there are 2 exit levels in a particular
  trading the news  (2)
looking for a discussion for traders who trade new release . for example one click trading bots with S/L ,  how to avoid slippage etc , what events to trade ?  forecasted pips and so on
2 things are broken: * After optimization the StrategyTester resets all optimization parameters to default settings. (Totally unacceptable, unworkable)  * Selecting the 'Run Single test' from the 'Optimization results' tab does NOT copy the settings to the input tab. (Previous versions always did...
  Averaging EA.  (2)
Does anyone have an EA that averages buy and sell trades at a given amount of pips lets say 20, 30 or 50 for individual pairs and not the whole account. Like EUR/USD  buy and sell trades should average against each other and not with other pairs.
All, Can anyone advise a better (read: quicker) way for code to be processed when creating a LWMA of an indicator? i.e. I create a LWMA of an indicator called SDO, but I need to use a 75 period LWMA. So I end up creating 75 lines of iCustom code 9one for each 75 period) and doing the LWMA...
Hi everyone, I want to make an EA that reads a file and places trades in MT4 based on that file. The file will probably be a CSV with structure like: Buy,symbol,stop loss, tp1,tp2,tp3 also i would like it to move stop loss to entry when i reach tp2. The file will probably be altered say every 5 min...
Hi, first i am so impressed by the community here of traders and how well setup MT4 and MQL5 is. There is a steep learning curve with all the information. such a wealth of information. Some generous people have put so much thought into making this work. I have been with this signal provider thru
Hi,  I am trying just to write a code that buys on the open of a candle and sells on the close of that same candle.  Can anyone provide a snipit of a code that does this?
I am copying a signal and realized that the trades are not being copied correctly. It sold one trade when it is open with the signal provider . See attached the log and the screen shots. Can anyone help
Hello Community, I have recently open a demo account on MT5 via Metaquotes Server. Yesterday I have tried out to register a vps to test it out (24h free in total). So I was expecting to have a faster live quotes since the latency would be decreased. ( see attached picture) But after migrating all my...
Hi everyone, I was testing different settings of an EA on 2 different charts with the same currency pair.  I DID use a different magic number on each chart.  I meant to use different volumes (lots) so that when I looked in my history section, I could tell which version of the EA placed which orders...
I recently signed up to the MQL5 VPS, i can't find where i can control my trade size, or turn off my robot or anything that i'm used to using on my MT4 windows platform. Thank You DanB
A few days ago, I just installed the easyorder complement, but when I did it, my profit history has gone, and now, I can´t see my profit per operation. Can somebody tell me, how can I do to have the numbers by any operation again?  (I´m adding a picture of the problem)
does MT4 allow more than one signal to be on an account ? so i could have two on one account as long as the margin limits was not exceeded. say for example, i have $500 in the account and the first signal trader has 4 trades on at .01 lots. the margin is $9.00 there should be plenty of room to put
Is there any way to show the closed trades on a chart with lines from trade opening to trade closing? It can be done by dragging the trade from the history list onto the chart, but I want this to occur automatically after each trade and not have to do it manually. 
friends, i have wrote a bunch of code and now i trying to capture it in a while loop... - which it doesn't work. too much code (more than 2000 code lines) throws off the while loop ? it is OnStart(). the code has a bunch of lines in a for loop and if i put a if condition after that - with too many...
Hi, I have 2 pc that runs mt4 configured to follow the same signal from the same signal provider on the same account, so if one pc fail or disconnects, the other one that is phisically located on other place (one at home and one at work) can mantain the connection and not lose any update on trades
i just changed to 50 points trail stop and my metatrader journal says: 2014.10.20 0850.214 '1721345': trailing stop on #706218869 modified to 50 pip(s) Yet other users are saying pips should be 500 points. Anyone has a clue what is going on?
hi, I cannot pubbblish EA  (MT5) I suppose because it use some custom indicators (see screenshot). How can I set them and sell EA?
Hello! I use a for loop on my indicator and I wonder if there is any way to run all the loops at once, instead of having to wait for every tick to update buffer value. As of this moment, the buffer plotted on chart don't fully load at once, only after a few ticks. Is there a way to have it loaded...
I have problem compiling one of my programs via MQL5 Cloud Protector option. Regular compilation finishes with no errors. Attempt to use MQL5 Cloud Protector finishes with unknown error. The same error occurs when I try to compile exactly the same code as mql4 (it's mql4/mql5 compatible) while...
Hello, I have some questions for creating subscription signal. 1. Is it possible to close subscription? For exemple tomorow i create my signal, and i have 10 peoples, is it possible to block the subcription when i have 10 clients? And unlucking for exemple the subscription 1 month after? 2.Is it...
[Deleted]
Good morning, I try to suscribe to a copy trading but it does not work. When I click on " start copying on Metatrader" (I did the deposit on my Mql5 account), nothing happens, even when MT4 is already opened. Do you know the solution of this problem ? My computer is a macbook, and I tried to do this
  Put Image on Chart  (20   1 2)
Hi Folks, I am stuck adding a .bmp Image into the Chart. The Code below creates the objects which I can see in the graph but the Image itself is not loaded. Any ideas?
Hello! I use a for loop on my indicator and I wonder if there is any way to run all the loops at once, instead of having to wait for every tick running each loop. As of this moment, the buffers plotted on chart take extremely long time to fully load. for (int i = 0; i < rates_total; ++i){    if...
I can't seem to register as a provider.  Every time I fill out this form: (https://www.mql5.com/en/users/t_bot/seller/register) it says "Error saving data".  There's no other messages that come up that tell me which data had errors.  Tried several times and cannot get it to work.  When I submitted a...
any one help me to how connect with market to get the API of market quote and send  buy and sell order to be executed 
  vps  (15   1 2)
je suis incapable de m'abonner a un vps sur mon compte...? il me dise que le compte mql5 n'est pas spécifié... pourtant avec mon autre broker je n'ai pas de probleme. c'est juste avec ce nouveau broker avec lequel j'ai ouvert un compte! pourtat je suis capable de souscrire a des signaux mais pas les...
Hi buddy, I am curious to know how many mql program developers are there in this mql5 platform? Does anyone have any approximate idea? Usually if I ask anything to the service desk, they do not answer anything except the monetary issues. That's why I am raising the question here. Would be happy to...