General - page 1596

CableA popular slang for exchange rate between US dollar and British Pound. Another word for the British Pound Sterling, originating from the fact that dollars/pound sterling exchange rate used to be transmitted through transatlantic cable in the 1800s. Related Terms: Bank of England (BOE) Call...
Bid/Ask spreadPrice differential between the bid and offer (ask) price. Also known as “Bid” Related Terms: B Big figureIndicative of initial 2 or 3 digits of currency exchange price. Example: If EUR/USD price is 0.9525/30 the big figure is 0.95. Blocked CurrencyAny currency used exclusively for...
Back OfficePlace where data pertaining to financial transactions of forex and futures is processed. BacktestingTesting a particular trading strategy on past data, to evolve a future prognosis as most technical analysis is done. This obviates the need to test a particular strategy over a forthcoming...
Asian optionAs opposed to an option whose pay off is at maturity, the payoff of an Asian option depends on the average price of that asset over a certain period of time. Therefore an Asian option precludes losses from arising due to volatility. Also called Average option Related Terms: Average...
Absolute RateAlso called an absolute swap yield. It is expressed in percentage terms. It combines the reference rate such as LIBOR with the fixed portion of an interest - rate swap. Related Terms: Absolute Swap Yield, LIBOR Adjustable PegFixing of a country’s exchange rate in tandem with a stronger...
By Shobhana Chandra Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The index of U.S. leading economic indicators rose for the fifth straight month, capping the longest stretch of gains since 2004 and signaling a recovery is under way. The Conference Board’s gauge of the economic outlook for the next three to six months...
Hello, I'm converting one indicator to expert advisor. The code is almost complete for BUY order. But it is not working. I'm sure, it's just a small error in the code. Please check that. Thanks
The attached EA was an idea i had programed by CoderGuru. I believe it has value but needs some testing to help improve it. I'm therefore making it available to the forum for improvement purposes only. Please don,t try package it as your own. The attached doc. was my brief to the programmer. Lets...
THis is my study of Ichimoku tranlated into EA on VPS I Run this EA live and i wanted to share with the community Tenkan - sen Stats | Rent a Signal People from Elite can messege me . For Elite i give the signal for free others pay 10 $ Take care
  usd  (3)
Hello all, As I said yesterday long the USD, it was in fact a nice day! As for today, it is a bit more complicated cuz it is back down and the US economy is still pretty unstable, there are no big news today, I personally expect a volatile day, more towards the short positions.
CFD (Contracts For Difference) allows profit from changes in the prices of stocks and shares. It can be defined as an arrangement made in a futures contract whereby differences in settlement are usually made through cash payments, rather than the delivery of physical goods or securities. Its trading...
I have created 2 Profiles and I applied to each profile an Expert Advisor lightly modified. Is it possible to run the expert advisor while the other profile is not active?
I have this simple order: "OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Bid-(StopLoss*Point),0,"BuyOrder",MyNumber,0,Green);" and I get 4107 error code where the prise has 4 more digits than normal when I'm tsting an expert. Ex: if the price is "1.4275", it takes "1.42753000". Strange thing is that it...
I'd be pleased to now if anyone knows of an MT4 indicator that will sound an alarm when volume reaches a preset level or if anyone would have the time to create one. It would be helpful if the alarm trigger level could be a user set variable and the alarm playsound could be a user set file name so...
  long USD  (1)
USD started going up finally... eur/usd: key levels; SL:1.4700 and TP:1.4600 gbp/usd: SL:1.63 TP:1.6100
Hi, Just wondering if MetaQuotes plans to enhance MT4 by allowing traders to import third party tick data into MT4, collect live tick data using MT4, backtest strategies using tick data in MT4 and watch tick charts on MT4 using the main chart window (the same window that you have for 1 min charts)....
[Deleted]
This article will help to clarify and provide a better understanding of what Currenex actually is and to debunk many of the myths that are out there in the marketplace. What is an ECN? In many instances the term ECN is used when referring to Currenex. An ECN, which stands for Electronic...
I'm new to this forum and doing Forex for a month now. I have a problem with Stochastic and hope anyone can help me. Is it possible to display a Stochastic of a daily chart in a 1hour chart? I want both Stochastic displayed in the 1hour chart, either in one Sto or in two different. When I only
Hi Traders Hope you're ready to become successful forex trader on forex market... Buy low, sell high. That sounds like a ‘doh!’ moment, but there are many people who forget that the market runs in patterns of dips and rises Keep your eye on the pattern and buy when the exchange rate dips, then...
  usd
US economy: the economy is in fact growing but unfortunately the job market is not on the same paste! some more positive releases will be needed to support this opinion...
I have done the formula for a smoothed ma on a spreadsheet to try and back test a theory but the smoothed ma on the spreadsheet doesn't match the smoothed MA on the metatrader chart. On a half hour chart GBPUSD the chart says the 7 period smoothed ma is 1.6267 where if you work it out as per formula
To all excellent MT4 programmers: Is it possible to make a MT4 Position Sizing Indicator? I was wondering if it is posible to make a custom indicator that would use the crosshair pip measurement tool to measure the "risk" in the trade and then tell you how many lots you can put in on the...
Dear MT4 Programmers: I wanted to know if it is possible to create a template that will automatically put a vertical line on 11AM my time which is 6:00 on the MT4 platform on my broker and then anouther vertical line at 3 AM my time on the chart (... which is 10:00 on my MT4 platform). these...
[Deleted]
Hi, Which platform to use for trading on android os? MT4 doesnt support android. Any other choices? It is new os, probably not many is working in it. thanks
Dear people, I am new at MT4. Does anybody know how can i insert the RSI chart not smoothed?. By default RSI is smoothed and i would like to change this feature to not smoothed. Thanks in advance. Fran.
well i try to encode a simple loop that compares incoming tick to previous one. This in order to enhanced take profit limit . clearly when go long for example and price going above tp price the loop start and go on until bid going up, and break when bid going down . once breaked ea close position....
Dear Programmers and MT4 users: Does anybody have the Bollinger Band Indicator WITHOUT the line in the middle?! The default BB Indicator on MT4 has the BOLLINGER BAND INDICATOR with the middle moving average showing -- Is there anyway to remove it or at least make it disappear? Or get an...
Is there some way of importing 3rd party tick data into the file where the 1 min.hst data is stored? and, if this can be done, does this mean I can then run a backtest on daily bars, but force the backtesting engine to look at the least time frame interval" which would be "tick data" (tick data...