DEAL_TYPE_BALANCE / CREDIT / CHARGE / CORRECTION - when are they used?

Hello,

Could anyone please clarify when exactly are the following deal types used?? I have searched the forum, articles and reference, but didn't find an exact answer.

DEAL_TYPE_BALANCE

DEAL_TYPE_CREDIT

DEAL_TYPE_CHARGE

DEAL_TYPE_CORRECTION

In particular I am interested which type is used to indicate money withdrawal.

Enigma71fx:

Hello,

Could anyone please clarify when exactly are the following deal types used?? I have searched the forum, articles and reference, but didn't find an exact answer.

DEAL_TYPE_BALANCE

DEAL_TYPE_CREDIT

DEAL_TYPE_CHARGE

DEAL_TYPE_CORRECTION

In particular I am interested which type is used to indicate money withdrawal.

Hi Enigma71fx, 

Possibly for account balance. Based on my experience with MT4 live accounts,  DEAL_TYPE_BALANCE is for amount of money in account balance, DEAL_TYPE_CREDIT is amount of deposited money, DEAL_TYPE_CHARGE is amount of money for any charge (e.g, bank charge when withdrawal), DEAL_TYPE_CORRECTION, must be amount of money credited/debited for any miscalculation in account balance.

That's my IMHO.

LOL. there's no account debit and account withdrawal, maybe they are account credit with minus sign.

However I think MetaQuotes should explain those and not me, coz I'd like to know too.

:D 

onewithzachy:

Hi Enigma71fx, 

Possibly for account balance. Based on my experience with MT4 live accounts,  DEAL_TYPE_BALANCE is for amount of money in account balance, DEAL_TYPE_CREDIT is amount of deposited money, DEAL_TYPE_CHARGE is amount of money for any charge (e.g, bank charge when withdrawal), DEAL_TYPE_CORRECTION, must be amount of money credited/debited for any miscalculation in account balance.

That's my IMHO.

LOL. there's no account debit and account withdrawal, maybe they are account credit with minus sign.

However I think MetaQuotes should explain those and not me, coz I'd like to know too.

The point is that "possibly" doesn't solve my issue, it just adds more uncertainty. I need certain info.

MetaQuotes - could you please provide a short clarification on this? 

Enigma71fx:

The point is that "possibly" doesn't solve my issue, it just adds more uncertainty. I need certain info.

Dear Enigma71fx, 

"Possibly" indeed does not solve issue, but its narrowing uncertainty ;). 

Hello, 

MetaQuotes - could you please give a clarification on these 4 deal types, e.g. examples when do they occur?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Deal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Deal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Enigma71fx:

onewithzachy  gave you answer there - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6940#comment_211050. You can also ask your broker what types of deal you can meet on your account and what it will be mean exactly in your case.

Rosh:
onewithzachy  gave you answer there - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6940#comment_211050. You can also ask your broker what types of deal you can meet on your account and what it will be mean exactly in your case.
Cool, thanks for validating this information.
Reason: