"There are no new data for the symbol 'EURUSD' " appears when downloading from History center

When i was downloading history of EURUSD M1 in MT4 history center, only 2048 records were downloaded, and it took no longer than 5seconds to 'complete' download.

A message that says "There are no new data for the symbol 'EURUSD' " appears right after that.

While those video/tutorial for downloading history shows that they could get as much as 3,000,000 records of EURUSD M1 that goes way back to 1999, the oldest record I have is only 2008.03.20 (2048 records) !!

May i know how i could get the complete history data of EURUSD? (at least from 2001 to 2008, in M1 format)

I am using Interbank FX demo account.

Thanks a million!

p/s: i got a screenshot that shows this problem, how can i share it here?

I've had this problem twice now.  The first time it was fixed (upon suggestion by the Metaquotes technical support team) to completely uninstall MetaTrader and start the whole process of installing MetaTrader and registering the demo account all over again.  Then it worked and I managed to download the millions of records that you should get.   

The second time I did it, which was with a different broker's demo account, but also using Metaquotes, it also didn't work.  I noticed that both times it didn't work, it was the weekend when the market doesn't trade, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

So on the second occasion I waited til trading hours opened and totally re-installed the lot.  Unfortunately this time I STILL haven't fixed the problem.  And I can't believe no one's answered you sookiat.  If it happened to me twice and you once, then it's happened to many people right?  

I might wait til tomorrow (Monday night) and see if I can re-install again.  Maybe there's a problem with the Metaquotes servers first thing early on a Monday morning.

Just an FYI some brokers who use MT4, will not show history using a standard account, so you have to open a mini demo account to get the history.

poshest :

I've had this problem twice now. The first time it was fixed (upon suggestion by the Metaquotes technical support team) to completely uninstall MetaTrader and start the whole process of installing MetaTrader and registering the demo account all over again. Then it worked and I managed to download the millions of records that you should get.

The second time I did it, which was with a different broker's demo account, but also using Metaquotes, it also didn't work. I noticed that both times it didn't work, it was the weekend when the market doesn't trade, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

So on the second occasion I waited til trading hours opened and totally re-installed the lot. Unfortunately this time I STILL haven't fixed the problem. And I can't believe no one's answered you sookiat. If it happened to me twice and you once, then it's happened to many people right?

I might wait til tomorrow (Monday night) and see if I can re-install again. Maybe there's a problem with the Metaquotes servers first thing early on a Monday morning.

DeeBee
:

Just an FYI some brokers who use MT4, will not show history using a standard account, so you have to open a mini demo account to get the history.

I have the same problem lately with IBFX, though this never used to be a problem. I can get the history data on the demo, but not on my live account. I will try to contact them to see if they changed their policy....Anyone else have any insight?

damonl :
poshest :

I've had this problem twice now. The first time it was fixed (upon suggestion by the Metaquotes technical support team) to completely uninstall MetaTrader and start the whole process of installing MetaTrader and registering the demo account all over again. Then it worked and I managed to download the millions of records that you should get.

The second time I did it, which was with a different broker's demo account, but also using Metaquotes, it also didn't work. I noticed that both times it didn't work, it was the weekend when the market doesn't trade, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

So on the second occasion I waited til trading hours opened and totally re-installed the lot. Unfortunately this time I STILL haven't fixed the problem. And I can't believe no one's answered you sookiat. If it happened to me twice and you once, then it's happened to many people right?

I might wait til tomorrow (Monday night) and see if I can re-install again. Maybe there's a problem with the Metaquotes servers first thing early on a Monday morning.

DeeBee
:

I have the same problem lately with IBFX, though this never used to be a problem. I can get the history data on the demo, but not on my live account. I will try to contact them to see if they changed their policy....Anyone else have any insight?

I have this problem - not with currencies, but with other instruments such US30, US500, DE30, Gold, Silver and so. When I try to download historical data in the history center I always get this message - by all brokers! I urgent need historical data for all this instruments to make backtest for my trading system, but it seems to be impossible!

Forex Trader:

I have this problem - not with currencies, but with other instruments such US30, US500, DE30, Gold, Silver and so. When I try to download historical data in the history center I always get this message - by all brokers! I urgent need historical data for all this instruments to make backtest for my trading system, but it seems to be impossible!

me too.. FX is fine I can get millions of M1 DATA but for US30, UK100 i can only get 2048 which is useless... did you find a fix for this problem in the end?

thanks

did anyone find a fix to getting more than 2048 data points on index like ftse100, us30, sp500?

Myles Crouch-Anderson:
me too.. FX is fine I can get millions of M1 DATA but for US30, UK100 i can only get 2048 which is useless... did you find a fix for this problem in the end?

thanks

Please don't dig up old topic, you already opened a new one.
Reason: