MetaTrader PC...

Hej there,

since more than an hour I am trying to simply login my account and use the program instead of the web browser....

But it doesnt even show me any charts...

I use a demo account, but if i Login inside the program, it shows nothing....

I can not select a server and I dont want to create a new account with an unrelated mail just to get it running...

After a long time trying to find answers without success I try my luck in here.

Why is it so hard? I download, install, login. and it shows nothing... For everyone in tutorial videos it works this way. But everyone gets a server in the list to chose from, which I dont...

But when I switch into the web-browser, via the program, it shows everything....

Hardly makes much sense to me.

And I forgot to mention, if I close the previous demo accoutn and try to open a new one inside the program, it shows no selections in the list...

ArminDr90Hej there, since more than an hour I am trying to simply login my account and use the program instead of the web browser.... But it doesnt even show me any charts... I use a demo account, but if i Login inside the program, it shows nothing.... I can not select a server and I dont want to create a new account with an unrelated mail just to get it running... After a long time trying to find answers without success I try my luck in here. Why is it so hard? I download, install, login. and it shows nothing... For everyone in tutorial videos it works this way. But everyone gets a server in the list to chose from, which I dont... But when I switch into the web-browser, via the program, it shows everything.... Hardly makes much sense to me.

1. Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  2. Connect to an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help

As I said, it shows nothing.

I can not select anything if it gives me no options to chose from.

And connecting to an account results in nothing either. I do it, I click accept, and nothing changes. I can not select a server since it shows no options...

(check screenshots)

In every tutorial and all i have checked, you can see options there by default.

Why it doesnt show me?

Files:
metalogin.png  14 kb
metalist.png  14 kb

And for whatever reason your web terminal doesnt work either.

Check attachment for screenshot.

I have tried firefox, chrome and opera. all with and without vpn. firewall all good, no issues until today....

If I try to open it on my smartphone browser, doesnt load either. But the app works, i just cant work on a small smartphone screen.

Asking a friend to do the same, gets "404 not found"....

Files:
metatoday.png  13 kb

ArminDr90 #:

As I said, it shows nothing.

I can not select anything if it gives me no options to chose from.

And connecting to an account results in nothing either. I do it, I click accept, and nothing changes. I can not select a server since it shows no options...

(check screenshots)

In every tutorial and all i have checked, you can see options there by default.

Why it doesnt show me?

and this is the information about how to find the servers:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

how do i get set up from here

Sergey Golubev, 2017.01.09 05:52

Find a Server by the Broker's Name

Another convenient new feature of MetaTrader 5 is adding brokers' servers by their names. With the previous version, you had to contact your broker to find out the IP address of the trade server or download a special client terminal. Now, you simply enter the name of the broker. The system automatically finds the server with the specified name and adds it to the list.

Means: "you simply enter the name of the broker. The system automatically finds the server with the specified name and adds it to the list".

Reason: