Mt4 deleting my ea’s in my MQL4/Experts folder

I am doing everything as normal but when I start MT4 on my laptop it deletes any ea’s that I have copied into the MQL4/experts folder.

Seems to also happen with indicators as well.

Everything was working fine on Friday but something happened over the weekend that has me stuffed.

Things I’ve tried
Latest version IC MARKETS MT4 ver 1415
Deleting and reinstalling several times
Tried many ea’s 
Tried making a market folder and adding them in that
Deleted all my other mt4 apps from other trading companies ie IG markets etc
Contacted IC MARKETS to ask for help but couldn’t answer

Could it be a windows fault? The laptop did austomatically upgrade to windows 11 over the weekend but that’s all I can put it down to

To be clear I can connect to my account and see open trades etc

If this is about your MQL5.com Market purchases, make sure that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community with your raf1200 login and then go to the Market tab >> Purchases to install them properly.

Copy/paste of ex4 files doesn't work for MQL5.com Market purchases.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If this is about your MQL5.com Market purchases, make sure that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community with your raf1200 login and then go to the Market tab >> Purchases to install them properly.

Copy/paste of ex4 files doesn't work for MQL5.com Market purchases.

Thank you for reminding me. Yes I was able to load an ea that way so that’s a start. What about ea’s not bought on MQL5? There has to be a way of installing them too… 

Raf1200 #:
Thank you for reminding me. Yes I was able to load an ea that way so that’s a start. What about ea’s not bought on MQL5? There has to be a way of installing them too… 

You can paste these ex4 files into your Experts and Indicators folder, but not into the Market folder, this is for MQL5.com Market purchases only.

So put them into your MT4 >> File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4 >> Experts (or Indicators) and restart your MT4 terminal.

Reason: