MT5 Chart Tab Profile Bug Report

The Bug is about chart profiles not being saved properly and being corrupted by new charts that weren't there, IF the profile has enough charts that chart tab scrolling arrows become active. 

In short should one use enough charts that the chart tab scrolling arrows at bottom right become active, the profile saving will be buggy, it will always reload more charts than you saved. 

It seems it adds extra charts tabs for each chart tab that went off the screen .

To Create this Error

1) Open Many Chart tabs on MT5 until  the tabs go off the right screen and chart tab scrolling arrows become active .

2) Save The Profile 

3) Restart MT5 or load a different profile , then reload the subject profile.

Cheers.

How many charts do you have opened?

Oleksandr Medviediev #:
How many charts do you have opened?

Hello

Its as many charts as it takes for the chart tab scroll buttons to appear at bottom right of the screen, its roughly about 20 charts.

Or as many charts as it takes to get the chart tab scroll buttons to appear , what ever profile you save once those buttons appear is not what you get when you reload.

So the MT5 chart profile bug starts when you require buttons to scroll through the chart tabs, seems the code that saves profiles was never tested for the case where chart tabs are in use. 

Its also quite a concern that such a  bug as this has been on this trading platform since i been using  Mt5.

Why are they improving their AI library , when simple windowing operation is still bugy.

All i know is there is a lot of money betting that they test robustly enough for a platform used fore trading, or you can just add platform to risk management. And here is a simple window bug on your trading platform.

to whom it may concern

Cannot reproduce your bug.

NOTE: I use 99 charts in MT5, so saving//reopen same Profile is vital.

Oleksandr Medviediev #:

thanks very much for testing it out, i will try to gather more info required to recreate the bug and get back on this thread.

cheers

Oleksandr Medviediev #:

Also please try to check the profiles you created over a couple days  as it may take a few days for the issue to develop after restarting Mt5 a couple of times.

I never used up to 99 , maybe max 35

And what i notice is that mt5 starts to create duplicate charts of the charts at the very end, meaning each time you reopen mt5 the number of chart tabs increases by itself.

So please observe the profiles you created over a few days, you may start to notice duplicates on the right end of the tab scroll where latest chart tabs are added.

Cheers

mt5 starts to create duplicate charts of the charts at the very end

1.  make very last chart different background color (put some text label too)
  2.  save Profile under new name (say "MASTER-1") + save spare Profile MASTER-2
  3.  then switch to default profile (or any other)
  4.  restart MT5
  5.  turn on MASTER-1 Profile, then MASTER-2
 - what last chart do you see?

I just tried that and there was no error. The last chart i see is same one i put there with no duplicates. Cause the problem i been having is duplicates of the charts beyond the right of the screen start getting added to the profile. 

Generally what happens when i use many charts in profile is that i do not know when the duplicates start to appear, as you can imagine its hard to spot when 30 charts become 31,32, 33, each time you restart mt5.

But sure enough it eventually happens to my frustration , meaning i have too many charts open with my EA which consumes a lot of CPU, and i only start to notice the issue when my computer starts to slow down  from heavy cpu usage.

So please if its possible keep checking that profile you created over next few weeks, and ensure its a profile that has enough charts to make the bottom right,  "chart scroll arrows"  active.  

thanks

I hear you. Will keep checking. This area is definitely unstable, I save 3 copies of each new Profile for a reason
😅

Oleksandr Medviediev #:
I hear you. Will keep checking. This area is definitely unstable, I save 3 copies of each new Profile for a reason
😅

thanks for the tip, might have to try that

cheers

Reason: