Here is a really weird one!

I had to go to my laptop in order to post this.  I tried to send an email to info@metaquotes.net, but it is not a good email address.  I don't know where else to turn, so I am asking if the people here can help.  Here is the email I tried to send to Metaquotes.

Dear Metaquotes.net,

I am a trader who has used your MT4 platform for over 20 years.  A few days ago I found that none of my MT4 platforms have been able to update to the latest build, and it has been an issue for probably several months without me knowing it until a couple of the older platforms stopped working, saying "Old version".  At the same time, I then found that when I went to your mql5.com webpage, none of the graphics would load, only the text.  It now looks like this:
image.png

Additionally, when I go to ANY of the Forex brokers offering MetaTrader, and attempt to download the installation file for MT4, the connection is refused and I get a page that looks like this:
image.png

This is not an issue with a single web browser.  I have had the same results with Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Edge, Firefox, and Brave.  I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with a software support person, doing all kinds of things (clearing cache, cookies, history, reinstalling programs, removing unused programs, "cleaning" up old files, etc, etc.) and they still have been unable to find the problem.  I have removed my antivirus program (pcmatic) and my VPS (Surfshark) and disabled other protections (temporarily), and still can not fix the problem.  The only thing I found that allowed me to both correctly load mql5.com and also download the installation files was to use the Tor browser.  However, that can not fix the problem with my MT4 platforms not being able to update to the latest Build.

Not even supposed "experts" in solving software conflicts have been able to figure out and resolve the problem, so I am turning to you - the creators of both MT4 and the mql5.com website.  Can you tell me what could be causing my computer to not be able to update the MT4 platforms to the latest build, properly access the mql5.com website, or download the MT4 installation file from any brokers offering it?

Any and all insight or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Discover new MetaTrader 5 opportunities with MQL5 community and services
Discover new MetaTrader 5 opportunities with MQL5 community and services
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: language of trade strategies built-in the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform, allows writing your own trading robots, technical indicators, scripts and libraries of functions

Trader Mike:

I had to go to my laptop in order to post this.  I tried to send an email to info@metaquotes.net, but it is not a good email address.  I don't know where else to turn, so I am asking if the people here can help.  Here is the email I tried to send to Metaquotes.

Dear Metaquotes.net,

I am a trader who has used your MT4 platform for over 20 years.  A few days ago I found that none of my MT4 platforms have been able to update to the latest build, and it has been an issue for probably several months without me knowing it until a couple of the older platforms stopped working, saying "Old version".  At the same time, I then found that when I went to your mql5.com webpage, none of the graphics would load, only the text.  It now looks like this:

Additionally, when I go to ANY of the Forex brokers offering MetaTrader, and attempt to download the installation file for MT4, the connection is refused and I get a page that looks like this:

This is not an issue with a single web browser.  I have had the same results with Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Edge, Firefox, and Brave.  I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with a software support person, doing all kinds of things (clearing cache, cookies, history, reinstalling programs, removing unused programs, "cleaning" up old files, etc, etc.) and they still have been unable to find the problem.  I have removed my antivirus program (pcmatic) and my VPS (Surfshark) and disabled other protections (temporarily), and still can not fix the problem.  The only thing I found that allowed me to both correctly load mql5.com and also download the installation files was to use the Tor browser.  However, that can not fix the problem with my MT4 platforms not being able to update to the latest Build.

Not even supposed "experts" in solving software conflicts have been able to figure out and resolve the problem, so I am turning to you - the creators of both MT4 and the mql5.com website.  Can you tell me what could be causing my computer to not be able to update the MT4 platforms to the latest build, properly access the mql5.com website, or download the MT4 installation file from any brokers offering it?

Any and all insight or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Does it work on your laptop?

Dominik Egert #:
Does it work on your laptop?

Yes, it does, and the laptop is on the same network, synced with my desktop (where the problem is) and both running Windows 11

Trader Mike #:

Yes, it does, and the laptop is on the same network, synced with my desktop (where the problem is) and both running Windows 11

Has the PC been reset to its installation status?

I suspect malware on your PC, but it could also be a defective SSD.

Try running "chkdsk c: /F" in an elevated CMD box.

If you don't know what it is, Google it.

Strategic Toaster #:
Check out this topic: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/459311/page3#comment_51389951

WOW!  This was exactly the problem!  Thank you so much.  It is fixed.  But it remains to be seen if the problem reappears (meaning I have some sort of virus or malware to discover).  But at least I was able to fix it.  Thank you so VERY much for this help!

Reason: