Login window on MT5 does not appear - page 2

hk.trade #:

I had similar issue before and it got resolved by installing Microsoft Edge Webview2.

Hopefully this works for you -- download link below

Microsoft Edge WebView2 | Microsoft Edge Developer

Wow that was quick! This actually solved the issue!

I was running Windows Server 2022 and it mustn't have WebView2 pre-installed. I just installed the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Bootstrapper and now the MQL5.Community icon is working correctly. Thanks HK.trade

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please read all the posts of this the topic before posting.

So please, supply technical details of the Journal log, including the logon procedure of the MQL5 Community account, and check the installation of the Edge Webview2 components.

FYI the log displayed no errors or anything that stood out as irregular (from all my working terminals). Log on procedure was mentioned as File> Login to MQL5.Community. And I had checked on my local terminal but not the Server terminal so addmitedly that was an oversight on my part. 

Also, this was my first time posting, so can't expect me to be a master debugger with perfect reporting and forum etiquette! Thanks for the help community!

easy_trades #:

Wow that was quick! This actually solved the issue!

I was running Windows Server 2022 and it mustn't have WebView2 pre-installed. I just installed the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Bootstrapper and now the MQL5.Community icon is working correctly. Thanks HK.trade

You're welcome! Glad it worked out for you.

Hello!

Thanks for all the replies.

Tried installing the webview thingy and it reported that it is already installed... the plot thickens!

I think I figured it out!!

My laptop is a Precision M4600, a bit old but still quite a monster. It has 2 graphic cards, an Nvidia Quadro 1000m and an Intel HD Graphics 3000. Seems like MT5 was somehow starting with the Quadro, as I was going to try to run it as an admin, just to discard permissions issue. I found an option to select the graphics adapter and picked up the integrated one, BOOM!! Everything works now!! Might want to check this on your end!!

Reason: