MetaTrader 4 - no "connection" problem - anybody else?

Anybody else not getting "connected?" (i.e. no data feed - not connected to server) I have been using for over a year and this is the first time this has occured for such an extended period.

Please help.

Thank you.

same here i found on my firewall the connection keep failling. i wonder what happend,
usin mt4 198 , metaquotes demo server.

Yeah, I wonder what the issue is? Ever since I did the automatic "update" I've had a problem.

Anybody else?

Ricx,

I got it to work finally. Go to "File" -->"Open an Account." Sign up for a new account. Seems to have worked so far.

Bear

Nice Bear ;)

Thanks it works, i hadnt open new account just do the server scan then walla its ping works and my previous account can login again, thanks man :)

Yeah, I was like a blind man trying to navigate my way without MetaTrader working. Lets hope that the issue is now resolved.

I find the product excellent and recommend it all the time to others in the biz.

you know... im new doing this forex thing, i found my self more good than before after usin metatrader its boosting my technical, you are right i love this metatrader too.

Left button mouse click on the connection status (right lower corner of the client terminal) , context menu - Rescan servers

aha thats faster :) nice slawa i like that

Left button mouse click on the connection status (right lower corner of the client terminal) , context menu - Rescan servers

Slawa,

When I lose my connection on demo accounts the "Rescan Servers" does not work.
It seem to be completely dead.
I must Open New account and than go back to the old one.

In addition, my drop down window shows: first and internal instead of demo.metaquores.net and backup.metaquotes.net respectively.

On my life account it shows "Login" only. No "Rescan Servers," no first and internal.

Note: I have try it again Slawa, and it seems to working. My confusion arose because it takes long time to scan servers and there is no progress indicator.
It would be neat to have some progress indicator same as if new account is opened or some message box saying wait.

See below
Reason: