Navigating to Common/Files folder on Mac

Hi Guys,

I'm going crazy trying to access a csv file that I've written to the Common/Files folder using MT5 for mac installation.

Previously, I was able to get to these folders by going to Library/Application Support/MetaTrader 5/Bottles/metatrader5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5

But I uninstalled that terminal and now that I've reinstalled MT5, the folders don't appear in that location. While I can see the folders in the MT5 Data Browser, I can't figure out how to navigate to them.

Any help would be much appreciated...Even if you can point me to an installer that will create that path would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Warrick Robin Clarke:

Hi Guys,

I'm going crazy trying to access a csv file that I've written to the Common/Files folder using MT5 for mac installation.

Previously, I was able to get to these folders by going to Library/Application Support/MetaTrader 5/Bottles/metatrader5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5

But I uninstalled that terminal and now that I've reinstalled MT5, the folders don't appear in that location. While I can see the folders in the MT5 Data Browser, I can't figure out how to navigate to them.

Any help would be much appreciated...Even if you can point me to an installer that will create that path would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Got the same case... It seems recently they've changed something in the way MT5 installed on MacOS: now they use (preinstall?) Wine for install & run MT5 instead of whatever it was used before (brew? not sure though). So you need to find where are the folders on Wine located. I tried but it took too complicated, never got enough time to really get to the bottom of it. Go figure...

https://www.winehq.org/about

With all due respect to both MetaQuotes and Apple - Metatrader on Mac is a hassle at the moment.

Get Windows and focus on your strategy not logistics.

Windows on Parallels Desktop on Mac will do.

Application and Desktop Delivery | Parallels RAS
  • www.parallels.com
Download Parallels to run Windows on Mac, Chrome, gain access to virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) with DaaS, & Toolbox to secure private files, & more.
Reason: