Discussion of article "Improve Your Trading Charts With Interactive GUI's in MQL5 (Part I): Movable GUI"

New article Improve Your Trading Charts With Interactive GUI's in MQL5 (Part I): Movable GUI has been published:

Unleash the power of dynamic data representation in your trading strategies or utilities with our comprehensive guide on creating movable GUI in MQL5. Dive into the core concept of chart events and learn how to design and implement simple and multiple movable GUI on the same chart. This article also explores the process of adding elements to your GUI, enhancing their functionality and aesthetic appeal.

Welcome to the exciting world of movable GUI in MQL5! This guide is here to empower you with the knowledge to create dynamic, interactive GUI that will elevate your trading strategies. We'll start by decoding the essential concept of chart events, the engine driving our GUI interactivity. With this foundation, we'll then guide you through crafting your first movable GUI.

Then in the next part, we will advance to creating multiple GUI on a single chart efficiently (not just by copy pasting stuff), we'll delve into enhancing our GUI by adding and customizing various elements, tailoring it to your unique needs. We've also catered to those eager to dive right in with a streamlined guide offering quick steps to make your GUI  movable.

By the end of this journey, you'll have gained a valuable skill in creating and manipulating movable GUI in MQL5, a powerful tool for any trader. Even if you're in a hurry, we've got you covered with a quick-guide section for those who want to jump right into making their GUI movable. So, let's get started on this exciting journey!

Author: Kailash Bai Mina

Very nice! Thank you.

Roberto Jacobs #:
Very nice! Thank you.

Nice to see it helped you.

You're Very Welcome.

Though This code is not very efficient thus should not be used in a full fledged EA/Indicator, In the next part, I will focus on making is more efficient by using classes and .mqh files, That will also contribute to a well written code.

Pops up mate! Good content

Algo Parker #:
Pops up mate! Good content

It's good to hear you liked, Thanks.

Awesome! I've been looking for this solution for days...Thank you!
Could you please give an example where there are multiple rectangle labels on the same chart, and you can move them separately? (I want to hide and replace the MT5 default trade levels (pending order lines, TP, SL) with rectangle labels and horizontal lines, and want to move pending orders by dragging the reactangle labels or the horizontal line attached to it.) Thanks

komlos #:
Awesome! I've been looking for this solution for days...Thank you!
Could you please give an example where there are multiple rectangle labels on the same chart, and you can move them separately? (I want to hide and replace the MT5 default trade levels (pending order lines, TP, SL) with rectangle labels and horizontal lines, and want to move pending orders by dragging the reactangle labels or the horizontal line attached to it.) Thanks

I am glad to hear that it helped you.

Second part will be published today, You will find how to move multiple rectangle labels on the same chart in it.

Great article!  I'm looking forward to the next one but have not seen it.  I'm hoping the next article will demonstrate placing objects e.g. text buttons panels etc on the dashboard.  Ot would also be very helpful to have the dashboard enameled so that other instances of it could be placed on the "mother" as children.

CapeCoddah #:
Great article!  I'm looking forward to the next one but have not seen it.  I'm hoping the next article will demonstrate placing objects e.g. text buttons panels etc on the dashboard.  Ot would also be very helpful to have the dashboard enameled so that other instances of it could be placed on the "mother" as children.

I am glad you liked my article. I hope you like second part too but no, adding text buttons to panels is not covered in second part, it's covered in 3rd part. 3rd Part will be published in a few days.

Millions thanks, this helps me a lot!

Anna Gan #:
Millions thanks, this helps me a lot!

You’re very welcome 

I am glad that I was able to help you with my article.

Reason: