MA's drawing different lines.

I noticed this issue while trying to draw Weekly MA's on a 4 hour chart.

I'm using a Trading system called the Tunnel, 2 indicators, 2 MA's on a 4hr chart and 2 MA's on a weekly chart. I decided to include the weekly MA's on the 4hr chart. However, when I coded it and it drew the weekly MA's on the 4hour chart they were completely different. While trying to figure out why this happened I noticed if I put the weekly indicator on the weekly chart and the attach 2 MA's using the same parms as the indicator it too draws completely different lines. I'd expect them to overlay each other but the indicator lines are shifted up quite a bit...

Has anyone else noticed this as well..?

david

I noticed this issue while trying to draw Weekly MA's on a 4 hour chart.

I'm using a Trading system called the Tunnel, 2 indicators, 2 MA's on a 4hr chart and 2 MA's on a weekly chart. I decided to include the weekly MA's on the 4hr chart. However, when I coded it and it drew the weekly MA's on the 4hour chart they were completely different. While trying to figure out why this happened I noticed if I put the weekly indicator on the weekly chart and the attach 2 MA's using the same parms as the indicator it too draws completely different lines. I'd expect them to overlay each other but the indicator lines are shifted up quite a bit...

Has anyone else noticed this as well..?

david

Check this "Problem with the levels of 2 indicators in the same panel."

Thanks, but that's totallly different issue...

What's happening here is the MA's while identical drawn, are different numbers. It's like it's shifted UP about 100 pips...

d
Reason: