Genetic Optimization issue

Since last week I have been using genetic optimization to test my EA. I'm using data from tickstory to get 100% history and I always test my EA with everytick based on real tick.

I usually test several years between 5-9 years with multiple inputs. I tested over 9 years with total of 2000 steps. Now I'm testing with 90 step and my computer is becoming super frozen.

The EA code hasnt changed and I was able to game/watching videos on youtube without any issue or some lag. I have 12 core on my CPU and 32g rams. I do turn off some CPU while backtesting so I can do other things on the computer.

Does anyone know what the genetic optimization freezes suddenly?? (Issue occurs on MT5)

How to quickly develop and debug a trading strategy in MetaTrader 5
How to quickly develop and debug a trading strategy in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Scalping automatic systems are rightfully regarded the pinnacle of algorithmic trading, but at the same time their code is the most difficult to write. In this article we will show how to build strategies based on analysis of incoming ticks using the built-in debugging tools and visual testing. Developing rules for entry and exit often require years of manual trading. But with the help of MetaTrader 5, you can quickly test any such strategy on real history.

MT4 or MT5?

On Mt5 the editor has a profiler to check where it loses time.

MT5 version 5.00 build 3662

Ok, set in the editor Tools => Options => Profiling the values and start the profiler Debug => Start Profiling with histori...

Or you can try to run your EA in the debugger ...

The EA is published already on the MQL5 market. The EA was working this morning fine and after 3h later. I have helped my mother with something I went back my small back test was finished then I started to run a new one but with another pairs then the issue started.

After waiting like 15min MT5 agents started and but my computer feel way more slower than this morning. I restarted my computer but same issue occurs.

I have found that in the journal. The synchronization of another currency pairs  is stated.

In the picture below I did my test with NZDCHF but then USDCHF is visible...

I guess NZDCHF is a "kind of artificial" pair which is calculated from USDCHF and NZDUSD.

Run a visual test!

Its working fine on 9 years of visual testing but few days ago I did some backtest on this pair and everything was working well. Very weird

Same issue occurs with EURUSD

Have you checked your internet with e.g. ping or tracert www.mql5.com on the command line.

Yes my internet is fine and the ping test worked 100% on www.mql5.com

Try with a demo account with MetaQuotes.
Reason: